+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do CIC have access to my tax records from CRA

CopperBuck

Nov 18, 2018
Okay, here is my situation, my employer gave me all the documents I need to apply under Canadian Experience Class, including the t4 slips.. but he was very reluctant in providing me the t4 slips and it makes me suspect that he either did not pay my taxes or paid less than he owed to CRA. My question is this.. does CIC have access to CRA's tax records.. can they actually check if my taxes were paid and cross check it with my t4? or do they go by just the proof of employment that I submitted? And if they do check the taxes, is it CIC's job to enforce my employer to pay those taxes and is this enough grounds for them to reject my pr application? I am submitting what my employer gave me, and the t4 states that my taxes were deducted. I did not file my taxes because I was on an overstay during the tax season and had to leave Canada in a hurry.

Can I be held responsible for this? Is it CIC's job to make sure taxes were paid correctly? And is this grounds for a refusal? Since my taxes were in fact deducted and my employer might be the one commiting a tax fraud? My only responsibility in this seems to be for me to file my taxes, which I failed to do because of circumstances, and so I do not know even know if my employer even paid the taxes or not. Does CIC care if my taxes were paid or do they only care that they were deducted and my employment and experience is in fact legit, and the employer is the one that should be held responsible for unpaid taxes.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Okay, here is my situation, my employer gave me all the documents I need to apply under Canadian Experience Class, including the t4 slips.. but he was very reluctant in providing me the t4 slips and it makes me suspect that he either did not pay my taxes or paid less than he owed to CRA. My question is this.. does CIC have access to CRA's tax records.. can they actually check if my taxes were paid and cross check it with my t4? or do they go by just the proof of employment that I submitted? And if they do check the taxes, is it CIC's job to enforce my employer to pay those taxes and is this enough grounds for them to reject my pr application? I am submitting what my employer gave me, and the t4 states that my taxes were deducted. I did not file my taxes because I was on an overstay during the tax season and had to leave Canada in a hurry.

Can I be held responsible for this? Is it CIC's job to make sure taxes were paid correctly? And is this grounds for a refusal? Since my taxes were in fact deducted and my employer might be the one commiting a tax fraud? My only responsibility in this seems to be for me to file my taxes, which I failed to do because of circumstances, and so I do not know even know if my employer even paid the taxes or not. Does CIC care if my taxes were paid or do they only care that they were deducted and my employment and experience is in fact legit, and the employer is the one that should be held responsible for unpaid taxes.
IRCC cannot access your tax records and they are in no way responsible to ensure your taxes were paid correctly. That falls to your employer AND TO YOU. You need to file your taxes and ensure that you paid what you were supposed to.

Reactions: bambisp