+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do application updates occur on the weekends?

Jerenny

Jan 1, 2021
I seriously need to know lol. I have been checking my application status every few hours these last couple days completely ignoring the fact that it's a Saturday and Sunday.

Visa offices seem to work a normal 9-5, but then that begs the question, who posts updates in ECAS? Does the VO give you all the updates up until CoPR or do they send info off to IRCC who then post the updates? IRCC seems to have office hours of 8AM to 4PM, but I got my pre-arrival letter at 2AM LOL.

kpaxian

Star Member
Sep 13, 2020
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-11-2020
AOR Received.
10-07-2021
Med's Request
20-07-2021
Med's Done....
16-08-2021
Yes. We got our AOR on a Saturday, and we got our PR portal invitation yesterday (Saturday) as well.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I seriously need to know lol. I have been checking my application status every few hours these last couple days completely ignoring the fact that it's a Saturday and Sunday.
You really do not need to be checking any more frequently. Your file won't get updated any quicker.

Hence I am going to tell you the more useful answer and if you act as if it is true, you will worry less and waste less time: they only update once a day at a random time that is unknown; if the system updates at all on a weekend, it is because the ancient coal-fired computer stalled and had to be restarted by a team of donkeys.

You therefore do not need to check any more than once a day.