Interview........
hopefully not
Passport Req..
Nov10 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Dec02 2015
LANDED..........
Dec10 2015
Am Nigeria applied for Spouse sponsorship by my husband in October 2014 Accra Ghana asked for a DNA in May 2015 for myself 3 of my dependents and my spouse but due to some circumstances I had to go with my last born alone but d result later came or good and was mailed to d embassy but since den have not heard anything from them.my medicals will expire in sept

Turbo2000

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
02-06-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
DM1: 02-07-2015, IN PROCESS: 09-10-2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
12-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM2: 12-18-2015
LANDED..........
JAN. 17TH 2016 !!!!!!!!!!!!!
taotaqyakub said:
Am Nigeria applied for Spouse sponsorship by my husband in October 2014 Accra Ghana asked for a DNA in May 2015 for myself 3 of my dependents and my spouse but due to some circumstances I had to go with my last born alone but d result later came or good and was mailed to d embassy but since den have not heard anything from them.my medicals will expire in sept
Difficult to tell if you're asking a question or just expressing your mind. I assume it is both.
Answer: send a case specific enquiry to your VO.
My question: Why did you decide to carry out the DNA just for your last son and not the 2 others ? This seems to be a BIG RED FLAG.
Hopefully u will get a positive response from your VO soon.

taotaqyakub

Aug 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
oct12 2012
File Transfer...
October 10 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
hopefully not
Passport Req..
Nov10 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Dec02 2015
LANDED..........
Dec10 2015
@turbir2000,it's a family issue,but when I went to d Canadian embassy to undertake d DNA they did not bother asking me about my remains dependents and my lawyer already told me if am not asked anything I should not bother saying anything and Accra Ghana collected the result since June but not a response from them.my husband sent them a mail asking what's happening to his application no reply I also sent them an enquiry no response.my lawyer said if dey are not responding dat means it is withing d processing time and dats a good sigh

Gemmie

Nov 10, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2015
AOR Received.
30-06-2015/SA 17-08-2015
File Transfer...
20-08-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
23-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
21-01-2016
I'm certainly not the most knowledgeable person on this forum by any means but
if they asked specifically for all dependents DNA and you have not provided all,
I do not think they can/or will proceed until you have provided this.
Someone might know more as to how the outcome if they do proceed will be affected.

DanSlh

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2014
Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
File Transfer...
07-05-2015 AOR2............: 15-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
02-07-2015
Gemmie said:
I'm certainly not the most knowledgeable person on this forum by any means but
if they asked specifically for all dependents DNA and you have not provided all,
I do not think they can/or will proceed until you have provided this.
Someone might know more as to how the outcome if they do proceed will be affected.
I agree.
Also I think you the OP don't send everything that the VO requested until the deadline, they will refuse the application.

taotaqyakub

Aug 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
oct12 2012
File Transfer...
October 10 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
hopefully not
Passport Req..
Nov10 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Dec02 2015
LANDED..........
Dec10 2015
I dnt think so because myself and one of my dependents, with my hubby who is d sponsor went for the DNA and d result came out positive, so they have no cause to refuse my application

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
taotaqyakub said:
I dnt think so because myself and one of my dependents, with my hubby who is d sponsor went for the DNA and d result came out positive, so they have no cause to refuse my application
If they asked for DNA tests for all 3 dependents but you've only provided the test for one dependent, then you can expect your app to be refused.

taotaqyakub

Aug 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
oct12 2012
File Transfer...
October 10 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
hopefully not
Passport Req..
Nov10 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Dec02 2015
LANDED..........
Dec10 2015
Fingers crossed,am hoping for the best.i know am gonna hear good news

Gemmie

Nov 10, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2015
AOR Received.
30-06-2015/SA 17-08-2015
File Transfer...
20-08-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
23-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
21-01-2016
The positive test result of the DNA test for the one you had tested only shows
that you and your spouse are the biological parents of THAT child, there is no
inference that any other children you might have are also biologically related to both
of you. That would be a big leap to assume just because one is, then they all must be.

I think you need to send the DNA for the others as soon as possible , so your application does not fail.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Gemmie said:
The positive test result of the DNA test for the one you had tested only shows
that you and your spouse are the biological parents of THAT child, there is no
inference that any other children you might have are also biologically related to both
of you. That would be a big leap to assume just because one is, then they all must be.

I think you need to send the DNA for the others as soon as possible , so your application does not fail.
Agreed. It is not unheard of for some extra "dependants" to be included in an application for relatives or friends. The fact that the OP claims "it's a family issue" raises an enormous "Red Flag" because if they were their children, no one else should be involved.

Turbo2000

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
02-06-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
DM1: 02-07-2015, IN PROCESS: 09-10-2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
12-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM2: 12-18-2015
LANDED..........
JAN. 17TH 2016 !!!!!!!!!!!!!
taotaqyakub said:
@ turbir2000,it's a family issue,but when I went to d Canadian embassy to undertake d DNA they did not bother asking me about my remains dependents and my lawyer already told me if am not asked anything I should not bother saying anything and Accra Ghana collected the result since June but not a response from them.my husband sent them a mail asking what's happening to his application no reply I also sent them an enquiry no response.my lawyer said if dey are not responding dat means it is withing d processing time and dats a good sigh
Alright I see, but did u explain to your VO why the DNA test wasn't done for the 2 other dependents ? By not doing it simply because your lawyer told you not to, except you were being asked at the embassy seems cyrstal clear that you are concealing some vital information. Furthermore, is it mandatory for applicants from Nigeria to provide DNA test for their dependents? If not, it means if you were asked to perform DNA tests, likely the immigration officer wasn't convinced that both of you were the biological parents.....hence you have proven this by failing to provide DNA results for all dependants.
Two possibilities:
Best case scenario: You are asked again to provide DNA tests for the other dependents...which is less likely, given their instructions were very clear.

Worst case scenario: which is more likely from the available facts, your application is rejected for misrepresentation.

Regarding the medical, you will be informed if you need to redo it if necessary.

It is a virtue to be optimistic, but not when you have set the ball rolling in the wrong direction yourself.

Good luck !!!

taotaqyakub

Aug 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
oct12 2012
File Transfer...
October 10 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
hopefully not
Passport Req..
Nov10 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Dec02 2015
LANDED..........
Dec10 2015
Well is not mandatory for all Nigerians to do DNA I was asked to do it.we are not God lets wait and see what God can do.he will change protocols just for my sake by Gods grace.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
taotaqyakub said:
Well is not mandatory for all Nigerians to do DNA I was asked to do it.we are not God lets wait and see what God can do.he will change protocols just for my sake by Gods grace.
No, it's not mandatory for everyone. DNA tests are for those who CIC suspects are trying to fraudulently add someone else's children as dependents.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
taotaqyakub said:
From http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op01-eng.pdf

5.9. DNA test for relationship Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) accepts DNA test results as proof of parent/child and sibling relationships. The test compares DNA profiles extracted from genetic material taken from persons claiming to be father, mother, children or siblings.

5.10. When is a DNA test appropriate? A DNA test to prove relationship is a last resort. When documentary submissions are not satisfactory evidence of a bona fide relationship, officers may advise applicants that positive results of DNA tests by a laboratory listed in Appendix E are an acceptable substitute for documents.

5.11. DNA results In a standard, direct paternity or maternity test involving an alleged parent/child relationship, the DNA companies listed in Appendix E are to provide test results that are at least 99.8% certain. Paternity test results below this level are not acceptable. If a DNA test result is presented as evidence of a relationship, officers must ensure the integrity of the testing procedure. As this test is offered in cases in which there are already doubts about claimed relationships, any possibility of fraud must be eliminated. For more information, see:  DNA tests, section 13;  Procedures for DNA testing, section 14.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3912e.pdf which are the country specific instructions for you also make clear that there may be a DNA test required.

Your application appears to already be at risk and your naive response is likely to make things much more difficult for you.

taotaqyakub

Aug 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
oct12 2012
File Transfer...
October 10 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
hopefully not
Passport Req..
Nov10 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Dec02 2015
LANDED..........
Dec10 2015
Tanks every1,fingers crossed I see good news coming(passport request)