+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DM on Ecas but GCKey says 8 month wait

Netraam

Oct 14, 2017
Hey SJROSIE,

Funny, I'm also a Dutchie living in Ireland, sponsored by my Canadian wife (we got 1 daughter, born in Ireland but with both Dutch/Canadian passports) Seems like your application went in a flush! I applied in August 2018 and still waiting for DM. Is your application processed in Mississauga?

SJROSIE

Jul 12, 2019
Hey SJROSIE,

Funny, I'm also a Dutchie living in Ireland, sponsored by my Canadian wife (we got 1 daughter, born in Ireland but with both Dutch/Canadian passports) Seems like your application went in a flush! I applied in August 2018 and still waiting for DM. Is your application processed in Mississauga?
Yep - we sent it to Sydney NS and then it was shifted to Mississauga.

Hopefully you get your answer soon! x

Netraam

Oct 14, 2017
Thanks! You guys are extremely lucky not to have ended up in the London hell : ) We are now being asked for resubmission of forms, because 12 months is almost due and forms expire. The story goes on and on and on.......

SJROSIE

Jul 12, 2019
Thanks! You guys are extremely lucky not to have ended up in the London hell : ) We are now being asked for resubmission of forms, because 12 months is almost due and forms expire. The story goes on and on and on.......
Did they direct you to send it to London?

Our application directed us to Sydney.

Sorry though - that sucks

Netraam

Oct 14, 2017
Yes, all applications first go to Sydney and the next step is for your application to be forwarded to the local visa office (for you and me + many other countries it's London) However, as London is so jammed up at the moment, they process many of them in Mississauga. This is a total random selection, so you won the jackpot : ) If your application ended up in London, it would have been spring/summer of 2020 that you would have gotten your DM.

Ah well, as long as it won't take much more than the 12 months they stated, I'm all cool with it. I'm just scared it may go way over it....

SJROSIE

Jul 12, 2019
We got our letter with instructions to send photographs in.

Do you guys know - do ALL photos go to London for the eTA?

the_poutine

Jul 10, 2019
I am getting the passport back with COPR likely tomorrow according to the tracking and GCKEY still says 8 months, so you are just fine. Don't stress it, the gckey estimate means nothing.