+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DLI'S having COVID-19 readiness plan with online learning option, those with AIP, gather here

Stringer_Bell_786

Aug 27, 2020
This makes no sense tbh,what if after 20th October some other province starts getting more cases than Quebec??Just ridiculous.Students are taking huge student loans and studying online classes with time differences.

Last edited:
Reactions: proceso

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
The real issue is the compliance verification which most public DLI's have. Quebec never had any means for access to the compliance reporting portal. Hence the government has no way tracking students studying in Quebec irrespective of having a covid-19 readiness plan. Whatever it is, I really hope Quebec makes it into the DLI list .

What compliance reporting is

All designated learning institutions (DLIs) at the post-secondary level, with the exception of institutions located in Quebec, must use the DLI portal to complete regular reports on the academic enrolment status of their international students and to submit these reports to us.
Reporting is scheduled for every April and November, starting April 15, 2015. The primary contact at each post-secondary DLI will receive an email notification from us when a report becomes available for completion and submission.

How the information collected through compliance reporting will be used
Information collected through the DLI portal will allow us to assess whether study permit holders in Canada continue to meet their study permit conditions, including whether they are actively pursuing their course or program of study at a DLI. Students who do not comply with these study permit conditions can be subject to a removal order.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/educational-institutions/compliance-reporting.html

Last edited:
Reactions: Maybe Tomorrrow

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
Please be advised that having a complete application (inclusive of biometrics and medicals) is ineffective , you won't be allowed to travel, given if your DLI is not on the list at least until April 30th 2021. Correct me if I am wrong.

Reactions: Maybe Tomorrrow

Stringer_Bell_786

Aug 27, 2020
The real issue is the compliance verification which most public DLI's have. Quebec never had any means for access to the compliance reporting portal. Hence the government has no way tracking students studying in Quebec irrespective of having a covid-19 readiness plan. Whatever it is, I really hope Quebec makes it into the DLI list .

All designated learning institutions (DLIs) at the post-secondary level, with the exception of institutions located in Quebec, must use the DLI portal to complete regular reports on the academic enrolment status of their international students and to submit these reports to us.
Reporting is scheduled for every April and November, starting April 15, 2015. The primary contact at each post-secondary DLI will receive an email notification from us when a report becomes available for completion and submission.

Information collected through the DLI portal will allow us to assess whether study permit holders in Canada continue to meet their study permit conditions, including whether they are actively pursuing their course or program of study at a DLI. Students who do not comply with these study permit conditions can be subject to a removal order.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/educational-institutions/compliance-reporting.html
I think the new rules are Federal rules,so
Please be advised that having a complete application (inclusive of biometrics and medicals) is ineffective , you won't be allowed to travel, given if your DLI is not on the list at least until April 30th 2021. Correct me if I am wrong.
This is so confusing,they would be increasing their workload if the list would be updated and visas would be processed according to the list.

tanzirmahim

Mar 26, 2020
source?

tanzirmahim

Mar 26, 2020
From the September 24th IRCC webinar, some lady called Jackie stressed the same point that travel restrictions triumph over opening of the VFS centres. Since this DLI list comes under the travel restriction, it made me to conclude that.
i submitted a complete application in march including my passport, not sure my university will be on the list or not.

Bishops2020

Aug 8, 2020

It should be at an institution level not a province level that DLIs make it onto the list. If it were province wide, you'd be placing Concordia with a private institution where bogus students are most likely to apply to.

Reactions: Ironclad