+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DLI registered but doesn’t offer PGWP

Discussion in 'Skilled Worker / Professional Immigration' started by Lpena, Jun 14, 2019.

  1. Hi. I enrolled in private school under Coop program in hospitality management for 2 years. It says that the school is DLI registered, but doesn’t offer PGWP. Are there other ways for me to get working permit by the end of my program? Can I apply PGWP on my own?
  2. A PGWP is not an option.

    You need to find an employer who is willing to offer you a job and who can obtain an approved LMIA. You can then apply for a closed work permit.
  3. I see. What do you think is the ideal timeline to look for an employer? The total duration of my study permit is 2 years, and will start on July 2,2019. It is a 1 year study and 1 year coop
  4. I'm not sure what you mean by an ideal timeline. Generally speaking, it's next to impossible to find an employer willing to go through the LMIA process. The process is long (typically 4-6 months), expensive and has no guarantee of approval. If you haven't started your program yet - definitely change schools. Studying at a school that doesn't get you a PGWP is a waste of time and money and effectively gives you no path to working after you've completed your studies (or qualifying for PR if that's your goal).
    canuck78 likes this.
  5. If i change school, do I need to update my visa?

Share This Page