+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DLI change

risen001

May 30, 2022
Bangladesh
Visa Office......
Singapore
Hi everyone, please help its kind of urgent

I applied for my SP for this fall on May 11. After a few days I got offer from a university which I really want to attend. However this university only has 1 session whereas the one I applied with in my study permit has 3 sessions. Considering that it takes 12-14 weeks to process a visa application these days will it be a wise decision now to change my university now by informing IRCC and could it delay the processing time of my application ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

I applied for my SP for this fall on May 11. After a few days I got offer from a university which I really want to attend. However this university only has 1 session whereas the one I applied with in my study permit has 3 sessions. Considering that it takes 12-14 weeks to process a visa application these days will it be a wise decision now to change my university now by informing IRCC and could it delay the processing time of my application ?
Inform IRCC now. If you don't and the study permit is issued under the name of your old school, you will need to apply for a new study permit linked to your new school.

Reactions: YVR123

risen001

May 30, 2022
Bangladesh
Visa Office......
Singapore
Inform IRCC now. If you don't and the study permit is issued under the name of your old school, you will need to apply for a new study permit linked to your new school.
Hi, I'm aware of that, my only concern is that could it delay the processing time of my application because if I don't get it before my classes start I'll have to defer to fall 2023.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, I'm aware of that, my only concern is that could it delay the processing time of my application because if I don't get it before my classes start I'll have to defer to fall 2023.
I'm not sure how to answer that question.

If you are fine attending the first school (and not the university that you really want to attend), then you can certainly not inform IRCC and attend your less preferred school with the study permit that is issued.

dtny

Oct 15, 2016
How will I know which institution my study permit is approved for?

I applied for institution A but never got the approval and I was not able to defer the admission.

I have now gotten admission to institution B and submitted new LOA to ircc but I got no response from them.

Few weeks later I got approval for my Study permit. I am now confused if it's for institution A or B

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020

Read this https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/changing-of-dli-after-arriving-in-canada-without-enrolling-in-your-old-school.747845/page-3

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
How will I know which institution my study permit is approved for?

I applied for institution A but never got the approval and I was not able to defer the admission.

I have now gotten admission to institution B and submitted new LOA to ircc but I got no response from them.

Few weeks later I got approval for my Study permit. I am now confused if it's for institution A or B
whats a time for the Institution A and B?