+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DLI Change for approved study permit

architgarg

Aug 25, 2023
Hi folks, I just got the PPR yesterday, will it be possible to change my university for the same course (Masters Computer Science) that too in the same province?

or do I need to create another study permit application?

I applied to a couple of uni and am hopeful to get admitted to at least any of them

Thanks in advance!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi folks, I just got the PPR yesterday, will it be possible to change my university for the same course (Masters Computer Science) that too in the same province?

or do I need to create another study permit application?

I applied to a couple of uni and am hopeful to get admitted to at least any of them

Thanks in advance!
No. You cannot change universities without ever studying at that school. If you get admission to another school before coming to Canada, you need a new study permit. Or you come to Canada, and study a semester at the school on your permit and then change schools.

Reactions: architgarg

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yeah, that's true, I do find out that most of them lack even subtle information.
They are not well paid jobs with a lot of turnover so many are not employed long enough to gain a lot of information. There can also be language barriers making communication or understanding a situation difficult and the agents take quite a lot of abuse on the phone which is why many do not stay longterm.

Reactions: architgarg

architgarg

Aug 25, 2023
They are not well paid jobs with a lot of turnover so many are not employed long enough to gain a lot of information. There can also be language barriers making communication or understanding a situation difficult and the agents take quite a lot of abuse on the phone which is why many do not stay longterm.
True, not an easy job for sure