+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DL Extract Surname expanded

elicanda87

Sep 21, 2018
hi, i am planning to go for my G1 with my extract at the mississauga Drive centre. I have a small worry, my DL extract and my license have my initials not expanded but my passport has. Would that be a cause for them to not accept?

Riokat

Jun 7, 2018
hi, i am planning to go for my G1 with my extract at the mississauga Drive centre. I have a small worry, my DL extract and my license have my initials not expanded but my passport has. Would that be a cause for them to not accept?
Hi, did you find a resolution? I have the same problem.

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
Given that you are already here, there is not much you can do anyways, worth a try and share your experience.

Worst case, you will be returned back immediately and you would need an affidavit stating both names are used by you.
Likely, they will accept it based on your verbal explanation. Be prepared to provide one.

Do share your experience

elicanda87

Sep 21, 2018
Hi, i went to the mississauga Drive centre. They refused to accept my DL or letter as the last name was not expanded. I tried to reason but to no use. I immediately left and went to Etobicoke drivetest and to my luck they accepted my DL and experience. Got my G1 cleared and now preparing for G2 without wait time.
Overall it depends on the person at the counter and it might work

Reactions: nambaliya

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
Good to hear that you were able to sort your situation and thanks for sharing your experience.

Did the Mississauga center recommend any solution at all (like affidavit) or did they just say they would not be able to accept it? Kiddos to Etobicoke folks.

elicanda87

Sep 21, 2018
Mississauga folks dint suggest and affidavit. They asked me to get the name changed in the DL and only then they would accept it. I straightaway asked them would they do the same if some canadian was in India and in the same boat. He gave me the dumbest look ever.lol.

nambaliya

Star Member
Aug 13, 2018
I am in the same situation. I have my father's name abbreviated in DL but in the passport it is expanded. I have only 1 months time before landing. Should I try getting it sorted out while I am here?

DL Name: Firstname M Surname
Passport Name: Firstname Middlename Surname

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
I am in the same situation. I have my father's name abbreviated in DL but in the passport it is expanded. I have only 1 months time before landing. Should I try getting it sorted out while I am here?

DL Name: Firstname M Surname
Passport Name: Firstname Middlename Surname

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Your situation is different, don't think father's name matters as much. If you have time get an affidavit done.

Reactions: nambaliya