+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Divorced with children

Ron

Mar 7, 2006
Hi,

I wonder if someone can help out here. I will be sponsoring my wife to come to Canada and she has two children aged 13 and 11 from her previous marriage. She has sole custody of them and my question is:

Do we need to get some sort of Letter of Consent from her ex-husband stating that he has no objections with the two children immagating to Canada with her?

Thanks in advance,
Ron

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Ron said:
Hi,

I wonder if someone can help out here. I will be sponsoring my wife to come to Canada and she has two children aged 13 and 11 from her previous marriage. She has sole custody of them and my question is:

Do we need to get some sort of Letter of Consent from her ex-husband stating that he has no objections with the two children immagating to Canada with her?

Thanks in advance,
Ron
Yes, depending on the jurisdiction she will need either a notarized statement from the ex or a court order allowing her to remove the children from the jurisdiction of the court.

PMM

rely

Star Member
Mar 3, 2006
India
PMM said:
Hi

Ron said:
Hi,

Thanks in advance,
Ron
Yes, depending on the jurisdiction she will need either a notarized statement from the ex or a court order allowing her to remove the children from the jurisdiction of the court.

PMM
What does the court divorce decree says?Check the clauses pertaining to child custody.

rely

olgasc

Aug 13, 2004
wife

My husband sponsored me with my child. I was divorced too, so in order to bring my kid to Canada and to get a PR status for both or us I had to provide a letter from my ex.

Ron

Mar 7, 2006
Thank You All,

I appreciate your answers and find this forum very hepful and informative.
Once I have gone through the process to bring my spouse and her children to Canada, I will be glad to assist with any questions. But in the mean time I am still learning and gathering information to make my process as easy and quick as possible.

Thanks again.

cel012011

Sep 9, 2014
Hi ron my question is not related to your topic but since you are divorce can you help me with my question please?

My question is if you file uncontested divorce in alberta. and both parties signed the papers and you file it in court. How long does it take to get the court decision lets say they don't find out any problems with the papers. can you tell me many months to wait for the results and also the final decision? thank you and GOD BLESS

M

mikeymyke

I doubt Ron can answer you, given that this thread is over 8 years old. I didn't even think this website was around for that long.