+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Divorced case

bsb29

Jan 15, 2018
Hi everyone. I am from from india and divorced 2 years ago and have a daughter living with ex-spouse having full custody. Now, I applied for PR under pnp but I have been asked to resubmit form Imm0008 and include my daughter in it, provide her photographs and birth certificate. I want to ask since I don’t have custody of my daughter, should I still add her in my application or should I give letter of explanation to ircc that I don’t have custody of child and I can’t provide any docs for her in present and future? If I fail to do so, will they refuse my application?
I already raised a webform but didn’t get any reply. Anyone in similar situation can assist please

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hi everyone. I am from from india and divorced 2 years ago and have a daughter living with ex-spouse having full custody. Now, I applied for PR under pnp but I have been asked to resubmit form Imm0008 and include my daughter in it, provide her photographs and birth certificate. I want to ask since I don’t have custody of my daughter, should I still add her in my application or should I give letter of explanation to ircc that I don’t have custody of child and I can’t provide any docs for her in present and future? If I fail to do so, will they refuse my application?
I already raised a webform but didn’t get any reply. Anyone in similar situation can assist please
1. The child has to be included in your application as a dependent (Non accompanying)
2. Will need photos and birth certificate, also will require a medical.
3. If your x-wife refuses the request for documents and medical, you will have to prove that you attempted to get them and for the child to have the medical.
4. If CIC decides that you are unable to obtain the docs and medical because of your x-wife refusing to co-operate, they will then need an affidavit stating that as your dependent was "not examined" you understand that you will not be able to sponsor her in the future.

Reactions: bsb29 and Naturgrl

bsb29

Jan 15, 2018
Thank you for the info. So, I will have to mention in imm0008 that total members included in application are 2 instead of 1? In that case, they will ask to pay her fees and proof of funds will also increase? Should I provide them affidavit now without sending them updated imm0008 or add her in imm0008, provide photos and birth cert for now and send them affidavit later when they will ask for medical?

Last edited: