+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Divorced, Canadian child and Canadian Mother

ptmansour

Jun 7, 2017
Hello,

I am posting to know about my situation if I apply for PR. I am divorced and my ex-wife and my son are Canadians. Me and the ex wife went through the court to officiate an agreement where she has the custody of our kid and I pay monthly support.

Recently I checked and I do qualify for express entry but was wondering if my situation would cause a hurdle to accept my application. Noting that my child will not accompany me, and I would presume that he does not need to go through medical or anything since he is a Canadian citizen (only 2 years old).

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello,

I am posting to know about my situation if I apply for PR. I am divorced and my ex-wife and my son are Canadians. Me and the ex wife went through the court to officiate an agreement where she has the custody of our kid and I pay monthly support.

Recently I checked and I do qualify for express entry but was wondering if my situation would cause a hurdle to accept my application. Noting that my child will not accompany me, and I would presume that he does not need to go through medical or anything since he is a Canadian citizen (only 2 years old).
Hi

Your situation and Canadian child would have zero effect on a PR app. Your child would not be included in the app but would need to be listed on the Additional Family form.

ptmansour

Jun 7, 2017
Hello Canuck,

Forgot to mentiom that we all reside outside Canada at the moment and I am applying fkr immigration from overseas. Do you still think that this won't effect my application?

Regards,
PT
Hi

Your situation and Canadian child would have zero effect on a PR app. Your child would not be included in the app but would need to be listed on the Additional Family form.

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I agree with canuck_in_uk. Attach to your application an honest, and clear letter to explain your situation. Your child will not be able to make the trip with you, however, you should be fine.

Best regards,