+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Divorce

Jassbajwa2000

Apr 13, 2020
I am on 3 year spouse open work permit. My wife sponsor me. Now she ask for divorce. I want to know that i gave divorce then my work permit is vaild or not? And i have any option to get pr after divorce. Please reply. She is also on work permit.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am on 3 year spouse open work permit. My wife sponsor me. Now she ask for divorce. I want to know that i gave divorce then my work permit is vaild or not? And i have any option to get pr after divorce. Please reply. She is also on work permit.
She doesn’t need you permission to get divorced. Yes you can keep your work permit. You have to qualify for PR like everyone else.

Aishas

Star Member
Aug 22, 2020
Hi everyone,
I have a off topic question if someone can please help me so I am a permanent resident and divorced I now want to change my sur name. Which application should I use and what supporting documents are required?
Waiting for kind response
Thanks

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi everyone,
I have a off topic question if someone can please help me so I am a permanent resident and divorced I now want to change my sur name. Which application should I use and what supporting documents are required?
Thanks
For the most part a name change is a provincial question I believe. Figure out what you need to do to change your name, and then submit whatever docs to ircc as needed.

Idrissrafd

Aug 12, 2020
Hi everyone,
Thanks
What do you mean you want to change your surname ? Because of a mistake or because you want to replace your [ex] husband's family name by your nom de jeune fille {maiden name} ?