+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

divorce

GABY_1123

Sep 13, 2013
hi i just need advice/help about divorce .me and my wife been seperated for morethan a year were both permanent resident here in canada is anybody here know's the step how to file divorce thanks. :)

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you have been resident in Canada for 1 year, you can divorce in Canada. For information on the procedure: search "divorce [your province of residence]".

vehla_ji

Star Member
Jun 20, 2014
Calgary AB Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
20 march 15
GABY_1123 said:
hi i just need advice/help about divorce .me and my wife been seperated for morethan a year were both permanent resident here in canada is anybody here know's the step how to file divorce thanks. :)
Have you "googled" today about it? ;D

sango

Apr 13, 2011
Cameroon
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
30/05/2016 Montréal, and became PR
I have a similar case here. My wife has applied for divorce bearly one year after she and the kids live in Canada. I came to my home country to work and repay mone i borrowed to buy airtickets for her ,myself and our 3 kids, and money to rent basement for 3 months. I f=received the request for divorce from her laywer and her reason i that wehave being living seperate for one year. We agreed initially that i have ot come back and continue work to repay loans, and I will be coming once every year for visit. our loan was for 3 years initially and it now remains 2 years. I have replied the lawyer, attaching document from my company credit union where I took the loan as justification and that we have not been seperated as she claims. For nine years we have been married, she has been full time student for 6 years, she qualified as a Registred Nurse and I sponsored her all alone, incurred all the const of immigration, now she thinks is time to quit as she has arrived Canada from Africa. She and I signed contract respecting financial self sufficiency for Quebec to obtain CSQ, I dont know if the court will forward the judgement to immigration, then they will charge me for misrepresentation and can cancell our PR. please advice

NetMecca

Dec 12, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
14-07-2009
Good idea to get a divorce lawyer especially if there are marital assets and kids to divide. Chances are the province you are residing in will claim jurisdiction. This makes it even more important to get proper legal advice.

Reactions: APPNOV2014NY

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I have a similar case here. My wife has applied for divorce bearly one year after she and the kids live in Canada. I came to my home country to work and repay mone i borrowed to buy airtickets for her ,myself and our 3 kids, and money to rent basement for 3 months. I f=received the request for divorce from her laywer and her reason i that wehave being living seperate for one year. We agreed initially that i have ot come back and continue work to repay loans, and I will be coming once every year for visit. our loan was for 3 years initially and it now remains 2 years. I have replied the lawyer, attaching document from my company credit union where I took the loan as justification and that we have not been seperated as she claims. For nine years we have been married, she has been full time student for 6 years, she qualified as a Registred Nurse and I sponsored her all alone, incurred all the const of immigration, now she thinks is time to quit as she has arrived Canada from Africa. She and I signed contract respecting financial self sufficiency for Quebec to obtain CSQ, I dont know if the court will forward the judgement to immigration, then they will charge me for misrepresentation and can cancell our PR. please advice
The court is not going to forward anything to immigration.

Reactions: APPNOV2014NY