+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Divorce while PR application in process - How to remove dependent spouse from application

Jiya89

Nov 14, 2019
@legalfalcon
Apologies to bother you again.

Reading my thread again I realised, I have considered situation with divorce.

At the moment myself and my spouse we are having differences that we are resolving. Now, we would like to take some time to resolve those differences. If I give this reason to IRCC that due to the differences we have we have decided that my spouse will not accompany me to Canada then will they put my application on hold? And will they ask for additional proof?

Below is the message that I am going to submit to IRCC

Hello,
My name is XXX. I have submitted my Canadian Permanent Residency (PR) application on XXX. My client ID is XXXX and my PR application number is XXX. In my PR application, I am the primary inland applicant (PA) and my husband XXX is an outland-dependent applicant. My husband is currently in India and has never travelled to Canada. As per our PR application, my husband will accompany me to Canada if and when we get our PR.
Over the last few months, my husband and I have been experiencing a few differences in our relationship that are important to resolve. We are working on understanding those differences and taking some time to reconcile them. Therefore, we have decided that he will not accompany me to Canada. I will sponsor him to Canada after I receive my PR and we have reconciled our differences. I am raising this webform to update IRCC that my husband XXX will not be accompanying me to Canada if and when we get our PR under application XXX.

I request IRCC to please consider my husband as a non-accompanying dependent for PR application XXX and kindly process my application for primary applicant XXX only.
Thank you,
Trupti

Hello, I also facing same issue. what reply you got for this mail.

anant_canada

Sep 17, 2022
@legalfalcon
Apologies to bother you again.

Reading my thread again I realised, I have considered situation with divorce.

At the moment myself and my spouse we are having differences that we are resolving. Now, we would like to take some time to resolve those differences. If I give this reason to IRCC that due to the differences we have we have decided that my spouse will not accompany me to Canada then will they put my application on hold? And will they ask for additional proof?

Below is the message that I am going to submit to IRCC

Hello,
My name is XXX. I have submitted my Canadian Permanent Residency (PR) application on XXX. My client ID is XXXX and my PR application number is XXX. In my PR application, I am the primary inland applicant (PA) and my husband XXX is an outland-dependent applicant. My husband is currently in India and has never travelled to Canada. As per our PR application, my husband will accompany me to Canada if and when we get our PR.
Over the last few months, my husband and I have been experiencing a few differences in our relationship that are important to resolve. We are working on understanding those differences and taking some time to reconcile them. Therefore, we have decided that he will not accompany me to Canada. I will sponsor him to Canada after I receive my PR and we have reconciled our differences. I am raising this webform to update IRCC that my husband XXX will not be accompanying me to Canada if and when we get our PR under application XXX.

I request IRCC to please consider my husband as a non-accompanying dependent for PR application XXX and kindly process my application for primary applicant XXX only.
Thank you,
Trupti
Hi Trupti,
I know this has been a year in your thread and I didn't wanted to disturb you by reminding the situation but if you will share the experience with removing spouse from the application, it would help other who are in the similar situation. I'm facing the similar issue right now and can't understand what should I do with this situation. My spouse is in India and we are having differences. Can you please share how your PR application went with the approach you mentioned above?

Hope you can understand. Thanking you in advance.