+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

divorce while on open work permit - I am principal applicant-will i have problem

sk231982

Nov 20, 2011
hi,

I got married in Canada when i was on my study permit and recently discovered that my wife was cheating on me and she still keep on meeting her so called friend and I can't trust her any more. long story short we are getting a divorce. I am the principal applicant and have 1 year experience in my field of study. will i have a problem applying for PR? will i be refused PR?

ben8286

Jul 7, 2010
sk231982 said:
hi,

I got married in Canada when i was on my study permit and recently discovered that my wife was cheating on me and she still keep on meeting her so called friend and I can't trust her any more. long story short we are getting a divorce. I am the principal applicant and have 1 year experience in my field of study. will i have a problem applying for PR? will i be refused PR?
I don't think it will affect your application as you are the principal applicant. But you need to inform the visa office immediately with your file number and remove her from your application.