+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Divorce to a spouse in India

Capboy

Nov 21, 2017
Can anyone help and tell me how to send a uncontested divorce (not joint/no children) to my spouse who is in India.
1.do I have to send through Hague convention.if yes..what's the procedure
2.do u suggest hiring a lawyer for this.
THANKS

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Can anyone help and tell me how to send a uncontested divorce (not joint/no children) to my spouse who is in India.
THANKS
I have just replied to your other thread. So, first-off, even if you file for divorce, it is most certainly not an *uncontested divorce*.

Your divorce petition may not be admissible if:
1. Your estranged wife has already filed for divorce in India = Her divorce petition would get merit by virtue of it being filed first.
2. The marriage took place in India + both persons last resided together in India

You would definitely need to hire a lawyer who is competent in Indian and Canadian laws. Your counter divorce petition is not a DIY.

Yes, you can use the Hague Convention to serve the court summons on your wife i.e. if she refuses to accept/acknowledge the summons sent through other ways

rose68

Jul 25, 2015
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI INDIA
THANKS
Where you live in Canada?
You can file for divorce from Canada.Court services to your spouse as notice to respondent in India.

Reactions: singleman

danzaf19

Feb 22, 2018
Where you live in Canada?
You can file for divorce from Canada.Court services to your spouse as notice to respondent in India.
Hi @rose68 : Do you know how can I use Canada court services to serve the notice to the respondent. So that the Superior courts in Ontario accepts it without any issues.