+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Divorce in the middle of PR

somafk

Jan 2, 2019
Hi,
I have applied for PR via AINP. I just got my Medical for me and my husband. My husband lives in USA. I did my Medical but my husband will not do his as we are in the process of getting a Divorce. I am worried how it will affect my PR as he is still my husband but is not doing the Medical. I would appreciate if you can please shed some light in this matter.
I have emailed ircc via web form and explained my situation but did not get any suggestions yet.
Regards

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi,
I have applied for PR via AINP. I just got my Medical for me and my husband. My husband lives in USA. I did my Medical but my husband will not do his as we are in the process of getting a Divorce. I am worried how it will affect my PR as he is still my husband but is not doing the Medical. I would appreciate if you can please shed some light in this matter.
I have emailed ircc via web form and explained my situation but did not get any suggestions yet.
Regards
Wait for IRCC’s response. Your (ex-)husband will need to be removed from the application, and only IRCC can approve that. Your PR application cannot proceed as is, as your status has changed.

somafk

Jan 2, 2019
Hi, do you know how to let them know about my status change? I want to send them my divorce papers and ask them to remove him as a dependant.