+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Divorce In canada

Abrahim

Aug 13, 2019
I bring my spouse here in Canada(she was my independent in PR application). I have one child. once she got the PR she left the country for personal reason. currenlty I am taking care of kid. should I have to inform the CIC regarding this situation ?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

I bring my spouse here in Canada(she was my independent in PR application). I have one child. once she got the PR she left the country for personal reason. currenlty I am taking care of kid. should I have to inform the CIC regarding this situation ?
1. No.

Qwertypod

Jan 28, 2019
Once she receives PR, you no longer need to update the government on your family situation (unless she is committing immigration fraud by using you to get PR - but even then it's doubtful they will get involved as she has already landed).

Abrahim

Aug 13, 2019
Once she receives PR, you no longer need to update the government on your family situation (unless she is committing immigration fraud by using you to get PR - but even then it's doubtful they will get involved as she has already landed).
Thanks for the reply, is it possible I can cancel her PR ?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Thanks, when she left the country she forget to get take the PR with her and now giving me threat that she will go to embassy and sue me etc and advice
She can declare that her PR card is lost and apply for the PRTD in order to return to Canada.
Send her the PR card... It's not yours to withhold.

mahi2020

Oct 7, 2016
Thanks, when she left the country she forget to get take the PR with her and now giving me threat that she will go to embassy and sue me etc and advice
You should sue her before she sue's you.

Record her phone conversation and file a police complaint may be ?

Reactions: Abrahim

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
I thought mailing PR card outside is not allowed.
This is incorrect, and is a common "myth".
It's not illegal.

I do recommend using a courier, rather than Canada Post however.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
This is incorrect, and is a common "myth".
It's not illegal.

I do recommend using a courier, rather than Canada Post however.
Canada post has courier and tracking options. Basically you want to use a courier that has tracking whatever service you choose is your prerogative.

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
Thread title says 'divorce' but there is no mention of that in message itself. Can you elaborate?

Agree with other replies that it is not for you to withhold your spouse's pr. Not only is it malicious, it is ineffective since spouse can always report pr card as stolen. Mail it using a tracking number so that both of you have peace of mind. It only gets better from there

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Canada post has courier and tracking options. Basically you want to use a courier that has tracking whatever service you choose is your prerogative.
There are reports of Canada Post intercepting PR cards and returning them to IRCC. I do not recommend using them. FedEx or UPS are better options.