+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Divorce filling issue

Rusell

Jun 17, 2018
Hi;

I and My children's are Canadian citizen but my wife is on PR.

From last two years my wife abusing me and she is trying to get divorce from me because I offered her that if she want to leave me than she can give me divorce papers I'll sign those papers without creating any problems for her but she said if she divorced me then she is not eligible to get money from me so that is why she is not giving me divorce papers and she is trying to get divorce from me and in this way she can get money from me.

Please advice me if I give divorce her from Pakistan; is it Ok and acceptable in Canada? OR do I bound to give divorce in Canada? because Pakistan divorce cost me very cheap.

I don't want to divorce her due to children's career and life's.

Is it possible if I leave them in Canada and I go back to Pakistan alone because my wife is working in Canada and she'll not come to Pakistan and I can not force her.

Is this way creating problem for me or for my children's?

Divorce word is not respectable for any society and that is not good for my children's.

Please advice me the best way which don't effect on me and children's

Thanks

Last edited:

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
Hi;

From last two years my wife abusing me and she is trying to get divorce from me because I offered her that if she want to leave me than she can give me divorce papers I'll sign those papers without creating any problems for her but she said if she divorced me then she is not eligible to get money from me so that is why she is not giving me divorce papers and she is trying to get divorce from me and in this way she can get money from me.

Please advice me if I give divorce her from Pakistan; is it Ok and acceptable in Canada? OR do I bound to give divorce in Canada? because Pakistan divorce cost me very cheap.

Is it possible if I leave them in Canada and I go back to Pakistan alone because my wife is working in Canada and she'll not come to Pakistan and I can not force her.

Divorce word is not respectable for any society and that is not good for my children's.

Thanks
Where were you married, in Canada or Pakistan?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi;

Thanks
http://laws.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/D-3.4/FullText.html

Recognition of foreign divorce
  • 22 (1) A divorce granted, on or after the coming into force of this Act, pursuant to a law of a country or subdivision of a country other than Canada by a tribunal or other authority having jurisdiction to do so shall be recognized for all purposes of determining the marital status in Canada of any person, if either former spouse was ordinarily resident in that country or subdivision for at least one year immediately preceding the commencement of proceedings for the divorce