+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Divorce filed in canada by the husband. Can the wife re-marry in the philippines

trewmenn

Champion Member
May 23, 2012
pinas
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-Nov-2013
AOR Received.
10-Dec-2013
File Transfer...
16-Dec-2013
Med's Done....
04-Sept-2013
Passport Req..
16-June-2014: In Process July 10, 2014-submit passport and docs July 15, 2014 by SG beronia
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2015 DM-04-Aug-2014
LANDED..........
4-Sept-2014 Going to Calgary
ms. Kaloka... get you give me the contact information about the lawyer whom you filed a divorce in the philippne.. I have a conjugal partner in canada. She was married to a Filipino 12 years ago with no children. Got her seperation agreement in dec 2001. she will be Canadian citizen in canada in march 2013. which is easier to file annulment or divorce? in Phil or in Canada??

windows

Sep 13, 2012
Lawyer in Philippines who can help me to file an ANNULMENT

Could somebody please help me to get a Trusted Lawyer, so i can file an annulment. Thank you so much in advance.
God Bless Us All!

Habibi

Oct 11, 2012
Hi there..
Could anyone help me out about my case as well.? That'll be appreciated.
I am filipina citizen & got married 4yrs ago back home. I filed my divorce here in canada.
So my Fiance and I planning to get married in different country, As I cant re.marry in the Philippines.
But my fiance is never been married and he is also a Filipino and working abroad. Since he never been married, could we get married back home or getting married outside Philippines would be a best option here.?

If some one has idea about our case. Please,please help us.

Thanks a lot..

Carpio

Jun 2, 2013
Kaloola you said u got your marriage annuled and it only took 3-4 mos all in all? Can we access on the lawyer you used and how much cost you? You can email me at ejabuno@ymail.com

Thank you

AnaMaria

May 2, 2012
New Westminster, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2012
AOR Received.
09-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
04-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
08-11-2012
LANDED..........
30-11-2012!
PSGpackers said:
If the divorce was filed by a Canadian Immigrant,
Canadian immigrant does not necessarily mean citizen, the term is inclusive of PRs and naturalized citizens. It takes years to become a citizen after landing. If he landed recent years, the chance is higher that he is not a citizen.

Brianlett

Jul 17, 2013
The business of divorce requires that one be educated and not get trapped by ignorance. A reputable lawyer is essential. Divorce attorneys can actually help you save money, over taking bad - however well-meaning - advice from friends or relatives who think they know best.
criminal investigator

Leeya

Nov 4, 2013
Hi everyone! Newbie here! I would like to ask, i had a boyfriend and we've been together for almost 2 years, he is in canada now and he was married back then in philippines, but they were separated for so long! He is not yet a canadian residence, and now he is planning to file a divorce for his wife! Does the divorce can be legal? If he is not yet a canadian citizen? Or how can we do it right? Because we wanted to get married! Can somebody help me? Thank you!

wella13

Jun 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 07, 2013
AOR Received.
June 29, 2013
File Transfer...
SA july 11,2013/apps forwarded to cem from cic Aug 02,2014/ jan10 2014 in proces. Dm march 19, 2014
Med's Done....
April 03,2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 25,2013(December 23,2013 sent PP)December 24,2013 CEM received
VISA ISSUED...
March 17, 2014
LANDED..........
April 04, 2014
Habibi said:
Hi there..
Could anyone help me out about my case as well.? That'll be appreciated.
I am filipina citizen & got married 4yrs ago back home. I filed my divorce here in canada.
So my Fiance and I planning to get married in different country, As I cant re.marry in the Philippines.
But my fiance is never been married and he is also a Filipino and working abroad. Since he never been married, could we get married back home or getting married outside Philippines would be a best option here.?

If some one has idea about our case. Please,please help us.

Thanks a lot..
Sis sorry to say this to you, If you are still a filipino citizen when you obtained your divorce in canada, then your divorce in the philipines wont be recognized, since we dont have divorce in the pphilippines.

Under Art. 26 of the Family Code, it is stated:

�Art. 26. All marriages solemnized outside the Philippines, in accordance with the laws in force in the country where they are solemnized, and valid there as such, shall also be valid in this country, except those prohibited under Articles 35(1),(4), (5), (6), 36, 37 and 38.

Where a marriage between a Filipino citizen and a foreigner is validly celebrated and a divorce is thereafter validly obtained abroad by the alien spouse capacitating him or her to remarry, the Filipino spouse shall have capacity to remarry under Philippine law."

It is this second paragraph of Art. 26 that enables a Filipino spouse to remarry once his/her foreigner spouse obtains a divorce.

Alicia V. Sempio-Dy, in her book Handbook on the Family Code of the Philippines, explained the background behind the second paragraph of Art. 26:

�Under the second paragraph of the above Article, where a Filipino is married to a foreigner and the latter thereafter obtains a valid divorce abroad capacitating him or her to remarry, the Filipino spouse shall likewise have the capacity to remarry under the Philippine law.

wella13

Jun 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 07, 2013
AOR Received.
June 29, 2013
File Transfer...
SA july 11,2013/apps forwarded to cem from cic Aug 02,2014/ jan10 2014 in proces. Dm march 19, 2014
Med's Done....
April 03,2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
March 17, 2014
LANDED..........
April 04, 2014
Leeya said:
Hi everyone! Newbie here! I would like to ask, i had a boyfriend and we've been together for almost 2 years, he is in canada now and he was married back then in philippines, but they were separated for so long! He is not yet a canadian residence, and now he is planning to file a divorce for his wife! Does the divorce can be legal? If he is not yet a canadian citizen? Or how can we do it right? Because we wanted to get married! Can somebody help me? Thank you!
even he can obtain his divorce in canada sis since he is still a filipino citizen his divorce decree wont be recognized in pinas, if he is a canadian citizen already, then his divorce maybe recognized in pinas. tell him to file an annulment...

Leeya

Nov 4, 2013
Sis, do u know anyone hu can help us to get an annulment as fast? and what if the wife will not cooperate?

Leeya

Nov 4, 2013
Issah72 said:
Hi, I have a friend who needs to be annulled as soon as possible, can you please send in my email your judge/attorney's address and contact number so that he can pursue for annulment?

I would really appreciate your help. My email ID is (marissa_quintos @ yahoo.com)

Thanks,

Issah

Hi, do u still have the contact number of the judge? Hu processed an anulment? I need help! Thank u!

wella13

Jun 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 07, 2013
AOR Received.
June 29, 2013
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
April 03,2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
March 17, 2014
LANDED..........
April 04, 2014
Leeya said:
Sis, do u know anyone hu can help us to get an annulment as fast? and what if the wife will not cooperate?
Sis try to PM trewmenn. WE just talked about annulment last night. he got his annulment done in 3 months...So you can ask him about his lawyer.. Goodluck,

Awesomeg

Mar 2, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 13/2014
Doc's Request.
24-07-2014
AOR Received.
19-03-2014
Med's Done....
27-01-2014....Remeds 13-03-15
Interview........
"Waived" In Process August 19-2014
Passport Req..
July 24-2014.
VISA ISSUED...
DM after almost 15 months of waiting, April 20/15
LANDED..........
15-05-2015 Finally... together...
PSGpackers said:
im not sure if he is already an immigrant or still a filipino then...

1. if he is still a filipino when he filed the divorce, can i re-marry? can i take the divorce papers to the embassy and have notarized it or something?

2. if he is an immigrant, do i take the divorce papers to the canadian embassy as well?

... if you are still a filipino, will they allow it if you file for divorce in canada? just curious...
If you are married in the Philippines you can not divorce,
He can divorce because the law in Canada allows him to do,
You can try the annulment, which is complicated and very expensive

If you move somewhere else you can proceed with the recognition of the divorce
and re-marry somewhere else, but not in Philippines.