+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Divorce after having PR for a dependent wife

meriam

Dec 25, 2011
hello everyone,
i need some help please,
im an immigrant to Canada who lives in Ontario for five years now,
i have my PR card since Sep 2008,and just filled my citizenship questioner two weeks ago,im a dependent wife (my husband is the principal applicant) with kids (who were born in Canada), and i don't work right now, just worked part time before (since my kids are all under 5years), i want to file for divorce now, would it be a problem for me to get my passport,since i have no income and my Canadian ties are pretty weak,i have a profession from back home but never had the time to have any internship here in Canada or post grad studies,so i need sometime to stand on my feet again,
will i be refused the passport if i needed financial assistance from the government till i can work again,
i don't want my position to be weak, or is it better to bare it by any mean until we have our citizenship completed,
i greatly appreciate your help,and any information i can use,
thank you so much

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can read about the requirements to become a citizen here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/become-eligibility.asp It doesn't say anything about not being able to be on some kind of assistance.