+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Divorce - 2nd application 2nd Marriage

beaver62

Dec 25, 2018
I am going to submit my application soon to sponsor my wife (2nd Marriage), I have a computerized divorce registration Certificate from Union Council (Previous relationship ended -application withdrawn, my ex wife never came to Canada)
I know for a fact my ex-wife resided in Pakistan 1 year prior to divorce as she was waiting to be sponsored to Canada

what evidence should I include to inform IRCC my ex wife was residing in Pakistan 1 year prior to divorce
Should I include previous UCI # as well on the application
I have also have proof of financial support to ex wife while she was waiting in Pakistan for application to be processed.
I also have whatApp messages
Will that be enough or what else evidence should I submit to IRCC

Following is what IRCC is asking for in addition to Divorce Registration Certificate
"Divorces obtained in Pakistan: If a divorce has been obtained in Pakistan by a sponsor residing in Canada, submit evidence that either party of the divorce resided in Pakistan for at least one year prior to the divorce. Alternatively, you may submit evidence that either party to the divorce had a substantial connection to Pakistan such as frequent visits, property ownership, and/or active businesses in Pakistan."

Divorce certificates issued in Pakistan must be issued by the relevant union council or government authority. The NADRA (National Database and Registration Authority) issued divorce certificate should be included but is not sufficient evidence on its own. You must include the Certificate of Talaq issued by the relevant Union council. In the case of Khula, you should also include the decree of Khula issued by the Family Court.