+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Distance/Part time Masters Degree is Valid as per WES ECA?

jaheer

Sep 13, 2017
Hi

I have my bachelors in Engineering from Anna university.Also i do have PGDBA from symbiosis center for distance learning. Shall i spend time and money in collecting transcripts from Symbiosis center for distance learning.?. will WES consider PGDBA as masters there by getting extra points in the pool?

SaurabhB

Sep 14, 2017
I'm doing my Masters online. I contacted them the other day regarding WeS validation, and they confirmed that have had students get their ECA's
Hi,

I am having the same question as yours and want to know about it. If you have done WES ECA with a certificate of 1 year PG diploma by NMIMS (global access school for continuing education) distance learning, can you please tell me if it was successful or not? Did you get any points for that?

Please help. I am eager to know that as I want to apply for the same course and the last date of application is in next couple of days.

Will be waiting for your revert.

SaurabhB

Sep 14, 2017
Hi, I am planning to do Distance learning MBA. Please advice which university I should go for to be assessed by WES.

My options so far are: Annamalai University, Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies.

I am open to other options too.

Hi Surbhi,

I am having the same question as yours and want to know about it. If you have done WES ECA with a certificate of 1 year PG diploma by NMIMS (global access school for continuing education) distance learning, can you please tell me if it was successful or not? Did you get any points for that?

Please help. I am eager to know that as I want to apply for the same course and the last date of application is in next couple of days.

Will be waiting for your revert.

Rizwan0900

Sep 27, 2017
Dear all,

I have done my bachelors from university of atlanta since it wasnt availible in wes therefore used iqas, after all the docs sent and everything got a reply as
Unfortunately we are unable to complete an assessment of your Bachelor’s degree because University of Atlanta does not meet the IQAS recognition criteria. Can anyone advice what can be done.. be informed iam already doing masters from an indian university which will be completed by next year..

singhbaba

Sep 29, 2017
Hello All,

I need expert advise here, my brother completed 3 years BCA and 2 years M.Sc in Information technology. As per WES Evaluation, he got evaluated as "Bachelor 4 years", Its really strange that they didn't consider masters and gave overall - Bachelor 4 years)

While filling Express entry profile, how should i fill my bachelors and Master Degree Information, Here are the options I could think of -

1)Should i select Bachelors as India degree and then Canada equivalency as "bachelor 3 or more years" without mentioning Master degree?
2)Should i add Bachelor and Master both and for Canada equivalency fill "bachelor 4 years" two times?
3)select Master degree and in canada equivalency show - "Bachelor 4 years) as highest degree and dont add India's bachelor degree.

Below is the WES report(for reference)
CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY:

Bachelor's degree(four years)

Credential Analysis:

1 Credential auth: Official transcripts were sent directly by institution.
Credential: Bachelor of Computer Applications
Awarded By: *******
Major/specialization: Computer Applications
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree(three years)

2 Credential auth: Official transcripts were sent directly by institution.
Credential: Master of Science
Awarded By: *******
Major/specialization: Information Technology
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelors degree (four years)

Remarks - The equivalency of this credential is stated in conjunction with study previously completed(See #1) above

tmahajan

Star Member
Sep 6, 2017
I think you should raise a query with WES first. My wife has a 3 years B.A degree and 2 years M.A degree and her credentials were evaluated as

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY :
Bachelor's degree (four years) and postgraduate diploma (one year) .

jessicapeter

Oct 20, 2017
I am considering attending online MBA program from Strayer university (in USA). I am unsure about it's recognition in canada immigration. Does anyone know if online MBA is considered equivalent to full time master's degree?

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
I am considering attending online MBA program from Strayer university (in USA). I am unsure about it's recognition in canada immigration. Does anyone know if online MBA is considered equivalent to full time master's degree?
it depends on the institution

Rajesh.rayla

Sep 28, 2017
I think you should raise a query with WES first. My wife has a 3 years B.A degree and 2 years M.A degree and her credentials were evaluated as

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY :
Bachelor's degree (four years) and postgraduate diploma (one year) .
Was that Bachelor's correspondence or regular? If you can please tell.

Pramodg

Jul 1, 2017
Hi Guys,

I have got my MBA via Dr. C.V. Raman University, Chhattisgarh - Distance Education can I get my ECA done.
Will it come as +ve?

Oct 25, 2017
Hello frnds ,its a really great place wher I can share my quarry.....

I have completed ITI (motor mechanic vehicle) in 2000
And during my job (as a car mechanic) completed diploma mechanical engineering (in distance learning) in 2009
But from last 5 years I joined my family business of retail elelctrical goods selling

I hv few questions
- I have completed diploma mechanical engineering (in distance learning) is it eligible ? and its equalent to... ?? how many point, consider for that??
- my current last experience is totally different thn my education....so is it eligible ???

Experts please give your valuable views on my queries ...
Thank you

vishalparabr

Star Member
Oct 9, 2017
hello Dears,

Can you please help me to understand the process to get the transcript from Annamalai university since i have done my MBA(HR) from this university and i am struggling to get the transcript as no one from the university is responding properly because of which i am unable to get my education certificate assessed from WES.
please help me in this case.

Abu Thahir

Sep 2, 2017
Hello sraj07,

Thanks for the information. My case is too very similar to yours. I have sent only my bachelor's (BE) for WES evaluation and i have received a reply as Bachelors 4yrs, Now I need to get my MBA (HRM) from pondicherry university done through Distance education evaluated.

Will WES be providing me with the 2yrs Masters for distance education from pondicherry university., please help me on this.. Can you please share your email or mobile number so that i can reach you for more details.

Thanks in advance.
Hi Arun,
Did you get your ECA done. I have also done MBA from pondicherry university. Kindly reply.

shah22393

Nov 6, 2017
Hello everyone,

I have finished b.com of 3 years, and then m.com of 3 years. Both of them were done full time and I have one year of work experience. If I consider my IELTS score which is, R:- 8, L:- 8 S:- 7.5 W:- 7.5, I have the points of 447. I'd like to know if my M.com full time would be considered of masters in Canada. My age is 25.

I did WES for USA when I was willing to go there about few months ago, they considered my masters as masters in USA. Not sure about Canada though.
Thanks for the help in advance.