+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Distance/Part time Masters Degree is Valid as per WES ECA?

Prabhjeet1982

Star Member
Jul 26, 2017
Hey guys, need your advice. I'm holding two post graduate diploma certificates, one year duration each, pursued through distance mode from WES recognized universities. I'm also holding a bachelor degree of 4 years duration, pursued through regular mode. Could anyone advise whether WES will consider my certificates as 'two or more certificates....'? Many thanks!
Did you get it assessed...??

harpaldhingra

May 7, 2015
I checked it from ICAS they said any Distance program approve by UGC will be approved. Whats your view
Don’t know about ICAS but WES approves only programs of Universities or institutions which are UGC affiliated. Wherein SCDL is a actually registered under a society which is not affiliated by UGC. Moreover UGC has only approved SCDL programs, which are only accepted by indian universities and institutions.

lkaur765

May 27, 2015
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
19-08-2017
Hi All,

Need your suggestions here. I did my BA. Eco Hons( 3 yrs) frm Delhi University and M.A Eco from Himachal University( 2 yrs) but have only been awarded bachelor's degree for both. I am really confused as to why they have awarded just a bachelor's equivalent to me.

Is there a way we can contest the result. Can WES reconsider my case. They have though recognized Himachal University.

Please advise.

theatlantic

Star Member
Dec 30, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there,
I completed my B.Sc. Engineering from Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET) and Executive MBA from Institute of Business Administration at University of Dhaka. I have just received the ECA update on my WES account and it states the Canadian equivalent of my two degrees as follows:

- Bachelors Degree (Four Years)
- Executive Master of Business Administration

So, what should I presume from here. Is it confirmed that my MBA is accepted as Masters Degree? Please share your experiences.

rughdaabrahani

Aug 17, 2017
HI all,

I have the following qualifications. Which qualification shall i get assessed?
ACCA Member
BSC (hons) in applied accounting , in partnership with ACCA
Master in Economics from University of Karachi, Pakistan (2 years program, done privately)
Bachelor in commerce from University of Karachi, Pakistan (2 years program, done privately)

Thank you for your help

sachinalappat

Sep 11, 2017
My bachelour was in distance learning from delhi university and has accepted by wes

It shows 3 year equilant to canada bachelour

So i observe that wes evaluate diatance learning also but your institution or university should be authorised and renowned
Hi Parmeet,
I am currently residing in Canada. I was looking into these online degrees or the distant learning programs.I am very much confused on what WES is going to verify. So i thought of asking you since you did a distant learning program from DU. I did a diploma program over here, I wanted to do a degree and get verified by WES and make it valid here. Could you please advice!!!

Thank you

Contactnisha

Jul 15, 2017
Hi all
I have got masters degree from Wes assessment. I do have an MPhil too from the same university as a distance education programme. It was one year course and I have not given it for assessment.
Will this make any difference to my crs?
Could somebody please reply?

rehanacca

Apr 22, 2017
HI all,

I have the following qualifications. Which qualification shall i get assessed?
ACCA Member
BSC (hons) in applied accounting , in partnership with ACCA
Master in Economics from University of Karachi, Pakistan (2 years program, done privately)
Bachelor in commerce from University of Karachi, Pakistan (2 years program, done privately)

Thank you for your help
As per my research, only ACCA membership and OBU are enough to get points for two bachelors. I have sent only ACCA membership certificate and OBU Degree copy to WES for evaluation. Let's see what it comes.

tmahajan

Star Member
Sep 6, 2017
Hi all
I have got masters degree from Wes assessment. I do have an MPhil too from the same university as a distance education programme. It was one year course and I have not given it for assessment.
Will this make any difference to my crs?
Could somebody please reply?
I don't think it would make any difference to the score since you are already claiming the points for a master's degree

Reactions: Contactnisha

rughdaabrahani

Aug 17, 2017
As per my research, only ACCA membership and OBU are enough to get points for two bachelors. I have sent only ACCA membership certificate and OBU Degree copy to WES for evaluation. Let's see what it comes.
Thank you for your reply, I was wondering I would be able to claim masters equivalency on the basis of my Masters but that seems very unlikely though!

Reactions: rehanacca

jaheer

Sep 13, 2017
Hi,

I had completed PGDBA (post graduate diploma in Business Administration) from Symbiosis center for Distance learning in 2009.Will this be considered by WES. Should i apply this?.

If yes, please tell how to get the transcripts from SCDL. I tried lot of times but could not reach them.

thanks in advance
jaheer