+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Distance/Part time Masters Degree is Valid as per WES ECA?

raghuNavale

Mar 31, 2015
My apologies i didnt respond to your posts

Procedure for transcripts is very simple you need to send your Photocopies* and convocation certificate (Photocopy) along with DD Each photocopy * 400 INR will be the fees

Please reachout if you need further details

You need to followup with the IGNOU transcript section (Phlone # available in IGNOU portal) so that they can send asap

Feel free to reach out my email id : Ranjurag@gmail.com
Mob# 91-9176613045

haznac

Jan 29, 2015
Izmir, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cool_canada said:
As long as the University or Institution is recognized, WES should evaluate it positively.
True. My bachelor's degree was a distance education program and I got my WES without any problems.

ahmeddeeb

Star Member
Mar 21, 2015
YamPower said:
Points will be awarded for the highest degree. Have both of them assessed by WES.
I think they'll consider it as "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years" correct me if i'm wrong.

bindudhiman

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO/WVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
18-07-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
File Transfer...
05-08-2015
Med's Request
09-08-2015
Med's Done....
11-08-2015
Interview........
TLU 14-10-2015
Passport Req..
01-12-2015 hurrayyy..
saleejkuruniyan said:
Hi All,

I have a simple query here.

Does the Distance or Part time Masters Degree is considered as valid as per WES ECA process?

Currently I am doing my MBA from one of the University in India as a Distance education. Is this equivalent to Canada Masters?

Does this is considered as "two or more post-secondary program" under EE profile?

Anybody have experience to Pass this in WES ECA proces?

Thanks,
Saleej
You can check in free degree equivalency tool available on WES website.

sp60

Star Member
Mar 24, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i did my btech as regular and i got my ECA =ve for that. now i want to make WES of mt MTECH that is not regular. which i did from KSOU(karnatka state open university. so please any one here let me know that. what will be result of my WES if i put my open university MTECH ??????

jyothi999

Star Member
Feb 24, 2015
Hi Everybody

I did my PhD(part time- 5 years) in Management faculty from JNTU-INDIA which is recognized by WES (being displayed in free evaluation tool of WES website). But my consultancy people are telling that WES doesn't considers part time Courses.I request your advises in this regard which are highly valued.

Awaiting the responses from you all.

Profound Thanks

ankush80

May 4, 2015
Hi All,

I have done MCA from IGNOU (distance learning) and B.com from GNDU (3 yrs regular degree). I want to apply under NOC code 0213 i.e. Computer and information systems managers.

My query is should I get my bachelors assessed with WES? Will it make any worth since it is in Commerce stream whereas I am applying under Computers category for which MCA degree is sufficient.

Also if anyone can please let me know the procedure of obtaining the transcripts from IGNOU and GNDU.

Thanks & Regards!

abhijithpp

Aug 20, 2015
Is 6 month certificate program done from IGNOU is valid (Certificate in Digital marketing,eligibility qualification is degree or HSC with 2 year work exp) ? I need to get point for 2 or more post secondary degree. Please help.Is there any duration requirement for certificate program ?I have 4 year Btech dgegree in IT in addition to that.

IlyaL

Sep 4, 2015
jyothi999 said:
Hi Everybody

I did my PhD(part time- 5 years) in Management faculty from JNTU-INDIA which is recognized by WES (being displayed in free evaluation tool of WES website). But my consultancy people are telling that WES doesn't considers part time Courses.I request your advises in this regard which are highly valued.

Awaiting the responses from you all.

Profound Thanks
@jyothi999 What docs did you send to WES ?

I am going to send my Russian PhD ("candidate of science") in computer science to WES.
I will have diploma apostilled and transcript in English.
I guess - is it enough ? I Don`t have any official docs about subjects\exams\grades during my PhD study, like in Masters diploma.

Have already evaluated my Masters degree...

Thanks

sraj07

May 26, 2015
Part time/Distance is VALID . But it depends on the University , it has to be in WES list of institutions .

Shekhat

Aug 21, 2015
YamPower said:
Points will be awarded for the highest degree. Have both of them assessed by WES.
I am totally confused about education points.I have completed bachelors in nursing in India (4 years).after that I studied pg certificate from Niagara college (1 year) ,then I continued with general arts and science (diploma 6 month),so what how much I will get for education? Do I comes under two or more degree,diploma or certificate one should be three year or longer or,do I come under bachelors degree only?
I really appreciate your time.
Thank you

shmotash

Jun 12, 2011
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-06-2017
AOR Received.
23-06-2017
Med's Done....
31-05-2017
Hi all,

Need some input from the seniors here. I have a four year bachelors degree (Regular) and a two year masters degree from Annamalai University (part time / distance education). Both from India. Finding it difficult to contact the University where I did my bachelors degree so I contacted ICAS to confirm if they can provide an assessment based on my masters degree alone to which they sent me a positive reply. I went ahead with the process. They have received masters transcripts from the university almost a month ago but haven't heard anything from them yet.

Does anyone here have any experience with this? Anyone got assessment done only for their masters degree and got assessed as equivalent to a Canadian Masters (126 points)?

How did WES/ICAS assess your two year part time masters degree from Annamalai University (or part time MBA from any other University)?

I am hoping to claim 126 points for the masters degree.

sraj07

May 26, 2015
Hi,

My case is similar to your's . Regular Bachelor and distance MBA .
But I am able to get transscripts for both degrees and sent it to WES .
WES evaluated and gave "Bachelor's degree ( 4 yrs) and Master's degree"