Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2012
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
11-06-2012
Hi All,

Indian Correspondence/ Distance Education degrees are considered for Canada Student Visa? What is the Visa success rate of this kind of cases? 50% in Graduation is must to get Student Visa??

I did my B.Com through correspondence from Delhi University (Oct' 2008) and recently (Dec' 2011) completed PG Diploma in Business Management from Symbiosis Centre for Distance Education, Pune. Meanwhile I was working and got several years of work experience.

Anyone in this forum has got Student Visa through distance education degree/ qualification... Please do share your experience....

soberdeepak

Mar 30, 2012
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
22-07-2018
IELTS Request
LANDED..........
31-01-2019
I'm not very sure Abhishek but Distance Education is hardly respected in India and I doubt that Countries like Canada would consider that !!!!

champ1388

Star Member
Mar 21, 2012
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dont worry Abhishek! go ahead and apply..its nowhere mentioned that if u have a distance education degree u cant apply...as long as u have an offer letter and enough funds u can apply...read whats mentioned in CIC website as to who can apply...
You must have been accepted by a school, college, university or other educational institution in Canada.
You must prove that you have enough money to pay for your:
tuition fees
living expenses for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada and
return transportation for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada.
You must be a law-abiding citizen with no criminal record and not be a risk to the security of Canada. You may have to provide a police certificate.
You must be in good health and willing to complete a medical examination, if necessary.
You must satisfy an immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your authorized stay
ALL THE BEST

Abhishek9

Apr 27, 2012
New Delhi
Visa Office......
High Commission of Canada, New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2012
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
11-06-2012
Thanks for the guidance.

But from this forum, I wanted to check the feasibility... No specific information/rules about Correspondence/ Distance Education degrees applicant on CIC or VFS website.

Anyone please share your experience here on my query...

Abhishek9

Apr 27, 2012
New Delhi
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2012
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
11-06-2012
need help on my query...

Jd5

Star Member
May 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Abhishek9 said:
Hi All,

Indian Correspondence/ Distance Education degrees are considered for Canada Student Visa? What is the Visa success rate of this kind of cases? 50% in Graduation is must to get Student Visa??

I did my B.Com through correspondence from Delhi University (Oct' 2008) and recently (Dec' 2011) completed PG Diploma in Business Management from Symbiosis Centre for Distance Education, Pune. Meanwhile I was working and got several years of work experience.

Anyone in this forum has got Student Visa through distance education degree/ qualification... Please do share your experience....
You are good to apply if it's recognized by the AICTE and UGC.

soberdeepak

Mar 30, 2012
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
22-07-2018
IELTS Request
LANDED..........
31-01-2019
but in this entire forum there is not a single case like this !!! I dont think they consider that form of education, Most of the Companies in India Clearly mention that Distance education ppl should not apply for our job openings !!!

Abhishek9

Apr 27, 2012
New Delhi
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2012
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
11-06-2012
I contacted VFS helpline for this query and to my surprise even they are not aware about Visa chances with correspondence degree... The VFS helpline executive told me to contact CHC at New Delhi for clarification...

Anyone pls share some information on my query...

soberdeepak

Mar 30, 2012
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
22-07-2018
IELTS Request
LANDED..........
31-01-2019
Abhishek it is very difficult that they wud consider distance education !!!

Jd5

Star Member
May 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

soberdeepak said:
but in this entire forum there is not a single case like this !!! I dont think they consider that form of education, Most of the Companies in India Clearly mention that Distance education ppl should not apply for our job openings !!!
1. CHC do consider this education because it's recognized by the Government of India.
2. Your so called "company/ies" are actually PRIVATE one, not Public one. Distance education is eligible for government jobs.

OP (Original Poster) is good to apply on the basis of Distance education if recognized by the AICTE/UGC

Reactions: Mariyam Varghese

soberdeepak

Mar 30, 2012
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
22-07-2018
IELTS Request
LANDED..........
31-01-2019
JD and most of the Companies in this country are Private and not public sector !!! even public sector companies hardly consider, 2 year PGDM is equivalent to MBA but ur public sector companies don't consider that too !!!!!

oswaldz

Oct 1, 2013
Canada
Category........
QSW
App. Filed.......
to be filed
Passport Req..
27 November 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 November 2015
LANDED..........
15 December 2015
Interesting topic. Anyone knows any information about this ? I'm willing to know about this. Share your experiences please.

Harman Dhamija

Star Member
Nov 28, 2013
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/05/2015
Doc's Request.
n/a
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
28/5/2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
12/6/2015
LANDED..........
Soon
Yes i myself got student visa having done Bachelors through correspondence. Its just that you have to give a very strong and genuine reason.

oswaldz

Oct 1, 2013
Canada
Category........
QSW
App. Filed.......
to be filed
Passport Req..
27 November 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 November 2015
LANDED..........
15 December 2015
Harman Dhamija said:
Yes i myself got student visa having done Bachelors through correspondence. Its just that you have to give a very strong and genuine reason.
Thanks for reply, I'm also in same boat. Wish others with same condition reply over here to enlighten more on this.

lnvinoth30

Apr 12, 2015
Whether Distance education is valid or not? The Answer is yes provided you have completed your qualification in university recognised by UGC.....Good luck