+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dissolved Marriage - Divorced = Urgent Please help

Jason2014

Feb 23, 2014
Hello all,
And thank you for stopping by at my thread here.

I am very confused and I needed your help.

I applied for PR-CEC in June 2013, and I recently got my MR. A day after getting my MR, I got another email from CEC asking for additional information.

They want me to send in my DIVORCE CERTIFICATE.

My marriage was "dissolved" and I was not "divorced" and while filling in the form, under marital status, there was NO option for "Marriage Dissolved" so I called up the embassy of my country and they advised that I put "Divorced" instead - which I did.

I also sent in the legal document 'Act of marriage' that I received from the embassy to CEC which indicated all the details of my marriage along with the details of the dissolution of my marriage.

Now, I received this email demanding a Divorce Certificate that I don't have as my marriage was dissolved and I was not divorced. I feel that this was demanded because I put DIVORCED as my marital status on my forms.

Should I send an email explaining what I have just explained above and attach the same document again???

Please advise. I am so stressed right now. I don't want to be screwed up now after going through so much already.

Please help and thanks in advance.

Jason2014

Feb 23, 2014
propain said:
Just write to them citing reference and any materials of your dissolved marriage
Thank you propane.

That's exactly what I want to do. Send them an email and explain to them the situation. But, the only legal document that was ever given to me, I already sent out to them along with my application in June 2013. I will be resending them same document along with it's english translation (as the document is in French)

I am just so stressed man, don;t want to be screwed up now. Thank you.

propain

Champion Member
Sep 1, 2013
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yea dont forget a notary attestation if possible at a cheap rate on that translation.

Jason2014

Feb 23, 2014
propain said:
Yea dont forget a notary attestation if possible at a cheap rate on that translation.
Yes propane, it has already been attested and stamped/sealed by the translation organization. He is a renowned french translator.
Thank you for your advice :), Hope that all will be okay.

Fingers crossed man.

Priority

Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
05-11-2013
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
5-Feb-2014
Passport Req..
2-Apr-2014
VISA ISSUED...
4-Apr-2014
Jason2014 said:
Thank you propane.

That's exactly what I want to do. Send them an email and explain to them the situation. But, the only legal document that was ever given to me, I already sent out to them along with my application in June 2013. I will be resending them same document along with it's english translation (as the document is in French)

I am just so stressed man, don;t want to be screwed up now. Thank you.
You don't to translate the documents if they are in French. CIC accepts original documents that are written in French.

Jason2014

Feb 23, 2014
Priority said:
You don't to translate the documents if they are in French. CIC accepts original documents that are written in French.
Yes, I know, but the french document that I sent out to them in June 2013 along with all my other documents, indicated clearly that the marriage was dissolved and yet they sent me an email asking me for my divorce certificate (I am thinking because I put DIVORCED under marital status on the form, that is why this request for a divorce certificate was sent).

So, this time along with sending that legal document again with the email of explanation, I am also sending the english version, just in case. As it very clearly says on there "Marriage Dissolved".