+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

(Discussion) DM Without Interview

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks @Doda

You said DM happens if the applicant is not asked for an interview or after an interview. Does that mean not all applicants get an interview and the interview is at the discretion of IRCC?
Pre-COVID everyone had a 5 min interview directly after the test, but nowadays it’s IRCC s discretion.

carl321

Feb 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@carl321 Can't help but notice the long wait between citizenship application and citizenship test in your timeline. You were just 3 months short of 2 years between application and test! Is this the normal timeline?
Covid happened. IRCC stopped testing from March 2020 to December 2020 until online testing started which is still kinda slow. I’m still waiting for oath so with covid normal time line is around 2yrs if you are lucky. I know a few applicants still waiting for a test invite from early 2019

limhockkiong

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
Covid happened. IRCC stopped testing from March 2020 to December 2020 until online testing started which is still kinda slow. I’m still waiting for oath so with covid normal time line is around 2yrs if you are lucky. I know a few applicants still waiting for a test invite from early 2019
@carl321 Sorry to hear this. I hope IRCC will find a solution to the huge backlog of applications. Australia on the other hand has accelerated a lot of the PR and citizenship processes because they are only processing in-country applicants and moving a lot of steps online, such as the oath ceremony where technically speaking, they can accommodate as many as the video conferencing can hold.

I am sure the Canadian government must have thought of this and hopefully something good will come out of this eventually.

Reactions: carl321

number411

Jul 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Brown box mine.
For some reason this doesn't even show the interview stage.. and 45 days from Test to Ceremony on the average across Canada.

Reactions: EUK

thesonicbro

Jul 24, 2016
Brown box mine.
For some reason this doesn't even show the interview stage.. and 45 days from Test to Ceremony on the average across Canada.
It is interesting the number checks out in my case as I completed the test on the 18th of April and got DM status 11 days later.

Should these numbers remain valid, I will expect the oath invitation/date some time mid/end of May if things are in good shape.

popoxee

Star Member
May 4, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Also got interview notice, but officer also asked for all passport scans with stamp translated to send to her before interview. If it's just document missing why interview though? Cant we just send the documents and call it a day?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Also got interview notice, but officer also asked for all passport scans with stamp translated to send to her before interview. If it's just document missing why interview though? Cant we just send the documents and call it a day?
During the in-person tests, all adult applicants were interviewed immediately after, usually to check passports stamps (with translations) and other documents requested. This is still the standard for most cases...nothing new, just moved online. What's new is the exemption.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-test.html

Who has to take the test and go to the interview
Whether you have to take the test or go to the interview depends on your age and application.
Your age and situationTake the testGo to the interview
Adult 18 to 54 years of ageYesYes
Adult 55 and overNoYes

Reactions: dpenabill

popoxee

Star Member
May 4, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
During the interview, the officer asked me to confirm where the stamps are for some entries (probably she didn't look carefully) and also asked me to make small speech to assess my English. Seems pretty redundant since we all past the English test, but oh well it is what it is.

Reactions: Hapique

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
During the interview, the officer asked me to confirm where the stamps are for some entries (probably she didn't look carefully) and also asked me to make small speech to assess my English. Seems pretty redundant since we all past the English test, but oh well it is what it is.
Stamps: to ensure that you gave them accurate and updated scans, and that there aren’t any “extra” stamps in your physical passport that you didn’t try to show. Test results could be forged as well.

Again, *everyone* (adults) had to go through this exact same thing before the pandemic.

prcand

Oct 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bellaluna! Long time :) Just saying hi

*kaway* *kaway*

Stamps: to ensure that you gave them accurate and updated scans, and that there aren’t any “extra” stamps in your physical passport that you didn’t try to show. Test results could be forged as well.

Again, *everyone* (adults) had to go through this exact same thing before the pandemic.

Reactions: bellaluna