Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2007
Doc's Request.
24-06-2010
AOR Received.
27-08-2007
Hello friends,

I recently submitted my citizenship application documents, including the results from the CIC online residence calculator. I've been out of Canada 3 times for vacation. In order to be 100% sure, I initially requested a travel history report from the CBSA but when I learned it could take more than 30 days to receive the report I decided to calculate my physical presence based on the dates I remembered and submit the application. Just today I received the report and I noticed one of the dates is off for 1 day. My physical presence based on the CBSA report is 1122 days, which is 27 days more than the minimum requirement (1095), so I'm assuming it should be OK even with the discrepancy in the date, but I can't avoid wondering if the CIC only cares about the amount of days of physical presence or the actual dates on the form are really relevant.

I would like to know your comments.

Thanks

coolifrs

Star Member
Sep 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Shouldn't be a problem

If they see lots of cushion they don't worry about the calculator too much.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
RGrullonG said:
Hello friends,

I recently submitted my citizenship application documents, including the results from the CIC online residence calculator. I've been out of Canada 3 times for vacation. In order to be 100% sure, I initially requested a travel history report from the CBSA but when I learned it could take more than 30 days to receive the report I decided to calculate my physical presence based on the dates I remembered and submit the application. Just today I received the report and I noticed one of the dates is off for 1 day. My physical presence based on the CBSA report is 1122 days, which is 27 days more than the minimum requirement (1095), so I'm assuming it should be OK even with the discrepancy in the date, but I can't avoid wondering if the CIC only cares about the amount of days of physical presence or the actual dates on the form are really relevant.

I would like to know your comments.

Thanks
what do you mean by off for 1 day? can u explain bit more?

DAN11

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
They will be using the CBSA report... So what we put on the calculator and what CBSA report not matching up then their final decision will be the CBSA Report.

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DAN11 said:
They will be using the CBSA report... So what we put on the calculator and what CBSA report not matching up then their final decision will be the CBSA Report.
I doubt that.
CBSA reports are not viewed as the word of God. There are probably hundreds of reports on this forum of flawed CBSA reports.

For people who are worried about missing entries or discrepancies though, I would challenge them to find any dependable reports of problems caused by CBSA report errors. Or ATIP results or official CIC documentation. Not just "I had a problem and there was also a flaw on my CBSA report." But "There was a flaw in my CBSA report and I know it caused a problem/delay in my application because XYZ."

I have never seen such a report.

Dibo75

Dec 6, 2014
Hello guys

is it as must to request the cbsa report? how to do that ? and how long it takes ?

thanks

Justice4B

Feb 19, 2011
eileenf said:
I doubt that.
CBSA reports are not viewed as the word of God. There are probably hundreds of reports on this forum of flawed CBSA reports.

For people who are worried about missing entries or discrepancies though, I would challenge them to find any dependable reports of problems caused by CBSA report errors. Or ATIP results or official CIC documentation. Not just "I had a problem and there was also a flaw on my CBSA report." But "There was a flaw in my CBSA report and I know it caused a problem/delay in my application because XYZ."

I have never seen such a report.
My experience has been that I sent off the RQ package and the CBSA report came later. I had advised the CIC office that I would mail the CBSA report later, and I did so (I had to meet the 45 days deadline). The problem with the CBSA report was that it had 2 instances which were NOT reflected of my travel by road to the US & back. However, I had reported those travels in the Residency Calculator, when submitting the package, and so explained that to CIC when I sent the CBSA report. I had more proof than CBSA, i.e. So yes, it ain't the Word of God! On a related topic, that was nearly 2.5 years ago, and Lord knows where the entire package is in the greater scheme of things! :'(