+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Discrepancy w.r.t. Biometric Information (Express Entry)

mcdkee

Jul 3, 2019
Hello,
I am an applicant for Permanent Residency in the Express Entry Program. I submitted my application in Feb 2019 and expecting a reply in August. Below is the status of my application

Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We have not received your fingerprints. Check your biometrics request message below for details. (Even though we have submitted our Biometrics - Details Below)
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Details:
We received the Biometrics Collection Letter and submitted the information at a Visa Application Center within the due date.

Once done, in the Home Page of my application, on the top right, the biometrics data submitted became visible for me and my wife. The information visible includes:
  • Biometrics Number
  • Date of Biometrics Enrolment
  • Expiry Date
All of the above information was generated at the designated VAC and transmitted directly from the VAC to IRCC. I was asked not to do anything.

However, on the same page, the details section states that "We have not received your fingerprints. Check your biometrics request message below for details."

This is a clear discrepancy, as the page is acknowledging the biometric information submitted in one section and stating that it has not been submitted in another. Screenshot is attached for reference.

Screenshot: https://ibb.co/LNNpyMT

mcdkee

Jul 3, 2019
Hello.

So I ended up doing nothing. The updated data that I referred to in my original post was all the confirmation that was required at that point. When my profile moved to the next stage, the status of biometrics got updated as well.

My understanding was that the data was submitted, however, only when they opened the file was that section updated. I had even submitted a query regarding this matter, but never got any update. If you are facing this issue, I would say wait until your profile status updates.

Cheers.

Smileforu

Jan 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
April 2010
File Transfer...
April 2010 ! March 2012 6-12 months wait letter
Hello.

So I ended up doing nothing. The updated data that I referred to in my original post was all the confirmation that was required at that point. When my profile moved to the next stage, the status of biometrics got updated as well.

My understanding was that the data was submitted, however, only when they opened the file was that section updated. I had even submitted a query regarding this matter, but never got any update. If you are facing this issue, I would say wait until your profile status updates.

Cheers.
Thank you