+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Discrepancies in my application

Anford

Oct 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver, BC
Hi there, I'm just working on my citizenship application and I would like to confirm couple things just for my own sake... :)

Question 6 - Please indicate your marital status
I became PR as a common-law (I was the primary applicant) but unfortunately we broke up about a year ago and we have also signed an agreement about it (it was needed for MSP here in BC). My question is, should I apply as "single" or "Legally separated"?

Question 9 - Are you eligible based on the Physical Presence Calculator to apply for a grant of citizenship?
- I first moved to Canada more than 5 years ago however should I enter the exact date 5 years ago from today? Because that's where my eligibility technically begins.
- I spent about 3 months in implied status. Should I also include my implied status under "Temporary resident status"?

Question 11. Tell us what you have been doing during your five year eligibility period.
- I started my job more than 5 years ago however should I enter the start date exactly the same date 5 years ago from today?

Question 12 b) Tell us when you filed your income taxes in the last five (5) years using the chart below.
I have always filed my taxes so under filed it will be "yes" however as filling taxes in Canada is voluntary, what should I click under "required"? I assume "no".

Also, they really don't require all pages with stamps in your passport but only one page where your photo is? o_O

devnill

Dec 5, 2015
12 b) if you are tax resident in Canada then you are required to file a tax return.

They just require a copy of the photo page for citizenship, however you should plan to get any non-English/French passport stamps translated as this will be required for the interview.

Reactions: Anford

terulinkarezinka

Apr 13, 2015
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Question 9 - Are you eligible based on the Physical Presence Calculator to apply for a grant of citizenship?
- I first moved to Canada more than 5 years ago however should I enter the exact date 5 years ago from today? Because that's where my eligibility technically begins.
- I spent about 3 months in implied status. Should I also include my implied status under "Temporary resident status"?

The eligibility period goes 5 years in past, doesn't matter when you actually came to Canada. I spent about 4 months on implied status and I stated it in my application as "implied status" and the period was from the last day of the WP till i got bridging work permit.

Question 11. Tell us what you have been doing during your five year eligibility period.
- I started my job more than 5 years ago however should I enter the start date exactly the same date 5 years ago from today?

I would state the actual month and year I started my job if it is before the eligibility period

BTW: I spoke with my immigration consultant, who did my PR. For citizenship we decided to do it ourselves, but I still asked her some questions. Her answer was: Citizenship application is a formality - you are here already, you are paying taxes, respect the law and you have basically all the rights already. Just do the best to be honest and if you are not sure - explain.

Reactions: Anford