+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Discrepancies between EE profile(ITA) and e-APR

phdatdt

May 17, 2020
I have some concerns regarding my EE profile at the time of ITA and the e-APR that I submited in March. I hope I can receive any clarification for my concern and whether I may face any future problem ?

- I received ITA (cut off was 475, mine was 502) for ECE 1 month ahead of my 1 year Canadian experience in Feb, and I decided keep ITA and wait until March to file e-APR.
- On my EE profile , I based my application on Petroleum Engineer as I claim 1 year foreign experience on Petroleum Engineer. Although my job title is Field Engineer. Employment letter from the company did state job status is Full time but doesn't dictate any hours work as the nature of the job is working 40 hour onshores and 24/24 while offshore. Jobs description is below

Under general supervision learns to run jobs in multiple applications in assigned primary product line in the Wellbore Construction Product Group progressing to more complex and/or higher risk applications
Also gains exposure to tools and applications outside of the primary product line
Gains a basic understanding of the well environment and the features, benefits, advantages and disadvantages of less complex applications
May train entry level field engineers in the LEAD Field Engineer Development Program

Conducts all business activities in accordance to Baker Hughes HSE policies, Legal Compliance requirements and Baker Hughes Core Values

Jobs description is a lot different with NOC description ( https://www23.statcan.gc.ca/imdb/p3VD.pl?Function=getVD&TVD=122372&CVD=122376&CPV=2145&CST=01012011&MLV=4&CLV=4 ) but someone can tell that I was working in the oil industry

- On my EE profile , I also answer Yes to the question " Does ABC have a job offer " and No to any LMIA question relating to that job offer. In my ITA, I was not rewarded 50 pts for arranged employment
- On My E-APR , I change the answer to No for the question " Does ABC have a job offer " and No to any LMIA question relating to that job offer.
- I also claim 1 year of work experience in Canada for other 2 NOC A jobs (Interpreter- full time and Research Assistant-part time, total >30hrs/week)

I am concerned about some issue that may be raised:

- Accepting ITA 1 month ahead of 1 year experience in Canada.
- Vague Job description for oversea experience and missing working hour, in this case even though I lost the point for this oversea experience, my CRS was still above cutoff point but there's also issue about the NOC Petroleum Engineer I based my application on without Petroleum Engineer experience
- Discrepancies between my EE profile and e-APR relating to question " Does ABC have a job offer " which in either case I dont have 50 point for arranged employment.

I've already submitted my e-APR on March when I had the letter of exp, enough paystubs, T4, to show 1 year of Canadian Experience.

What I need to do now, do I need to raise webform to explain ?

Last edited:

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
I have some concerns regarding my EE profile at the time of ITA and the e-APR that I submited in March. I hope I can receive any clarification for my concern and whether I may face any future problem ?

- I received ITA (cut off was 475, mine was 502) for ECE 1 month ahead of my 1 year Canadian experience in Feb, and I decided keep ITA and wait until March to file e-APR.
- On my EE profile , I based my application on Petroleum Engineer as I claim 1 year foreign experience on Petroleum Engineer. Although my job title is Field Engineer. Employment letter from the company did state job status is Full time but doesn't dictate any hours work as the nature of the job is working 40 hour onshores and 24/24 while offshore. Jobs description is below

Under general supervision learns to run jobs in multiple applications in assigned primary product line in the Wellbore Construction Product Group progressing to more complex and/or higher risk applications
Also gains exposure to tools and applications outside of the primary product line
Gains a basic understanding of the well environment and the features, benefits, advantages and disadvantages of less complex applications
May train entry level field engineers in the LEAD Field Engineer Development Program

Conducts all business activities in accordance to Baker Hughes HSE policies, Legal Compliance requirements and Baker Hughes Core Values

Jobs description is a lot different with NOC description ( https://www23.statcan.gc.ca/imdb/p3VD.pl?Function=getVD&TVD=122372&CVD=122376&CPV=2145&CST=01012011&MLV=4&CLV=4 ) but someone can tell that I was working in the oil industry

- On my EE profile , I also answer Yes to the question " Does ABC have a job offer " and No to any LMIA question relating to that job offer. In my ITA, I was not rewarded 50 pts for arranged employment
- On My E-APR , I change the answer to No for the question " Does ABC have a job offer " and No to any LMIA question relating to that job offer.
- I also claim 1 year of work experience in Canada for other 2 NOC A jobs (Interpreter- full time and Research Assistant-part time, total >30hrs/week)

- Vague Job description for oversea experience and missing working hour, in this case even though I lost the point for this oversea experience, my CRS was still above cutoff point but there's also issue about the NOC Petroleum Engineer I based my application on without Petroleum Engineer experience
- Discrepancies between my EE profile and e-APR relating to question " Does ABC have a job offer " which in either case I dont have 50 point for arranged employment.

I've already submitted my e-APR on March when I had the letter of exp, enough paystubs, T4, to show 1 year of Canadian Experience.

Since you already applied there not much you can do now. If they require further explanation they will ask you or just straight out refuse your application.

You are always welcome to submit any additional documents through the WebForm that you may have missed or want to add.

phdatdt

May 17, 2020
Since you already applied there not much you can do now. If they require further explanation they will ask you or just straight out refuse your application.

You are always welcome to submit any additional documents through the WebForm that you may have missed or want to add.
Do you think that my application is likely going to be rejected ?

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Do you think that my application is likely going to be rejected ?
What seems likely is that they might reduce your points for foreign work experience claimed as you seem to not have provided enough supporting documentation.

If you received points for arranged employment for 1 year (50 points) I would say you are likely to be refused, but if you did not then it seems you'll remain above the cutoff and you should be fine.

vubq123

Star Member
Dec 28, 2018
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
09-05-2020

Hi there,

There are many people working in the oil and gas industry with very different job titles. I was also a petroleum engineer but worked for a service company. I chose NOC 8232 (Oil and gas well drillers and well servicers) so that my job duties and responsibilities matched more.

phdatdt

May 17, 2020
@Wolfpmd3 I didn't have +50 point in both ITA and e-APR. In worst case if I don't have point for foreign experience, my point is still above cutoff. But does it cause issue since I put my primary occupation as Petroleum Engineer (from foreign experience)? Many Thanks.

@vubq123 Thanks, that was my mistake then.