+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Disclosing Master's Degree in my Student Visa Application

prasanth89

Oct 3, 2021
Hi, I have done BEng and MSc in Software Engineering and have been working as Asst. IT Project Manager.

I have applied for the PGD in Project Management at Lambton College for May 22 intake.

My query is that whether I should hide my Master's as the PGD is below the level when compared to Master's?

itspossible9

Feb 17, 2021
Hi, I have done BEng and MSc in Software Engineering and have been working as Asst. IT Project Manager.

I have applied for the PGD in Project Management at Lambton College for May 22 intake.

My query is that whether I should hide my Master's as the PGD is below the level when compared to Master's?
I don't recommend hiding any information. You will use your msc for claiming points when applying for the PR. It may look suspicious and cause issues. I had many friends in my class who got their study permit approved for diploma course after completing BE in India. I recommend writing very strong SOP. I hope this helps!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Misrepresentation can result in a ban. It also creates a hole in your timeline and would make it impossible to claim points for a PR application in the future. IRCC often does online searches so your masters degree can be discovered even if you lie. In general it’s a very bad idea.