+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Disabled Children

jatin70

Jun 11, 2010
Hi,
My 9 years old son is suffering from Erb's Palsy (Left Arm). Execpt few movements he performs his routines well and almost right. Do you think we will be denied visa because of this. Please advice.

jatin70

Jun 11, 2010
Here's another case of visa refusal due to medical inadmissibility.

A French family family was denied permanent resident status because their seven-year-old daughter suffers from a mild form of cerebral palsy. It was considered a condition that may require excessive demand on medical services.

A French couple, Sophie and David Barlagne, recently experienced bitter rejection by a still selective immigration policy.

They arrived in Canada five years ago on temporary work permits, full of hope, and started a small software firm in Montreal.

But their request for permanent residency was denied because their seven-year-old daughter Rachel, who suffers from a mild form of cerebral palsy, poses an "excessive burden" on the nation.[Source]

Their only hope now is humanitarian and compassionate consideration by the Immigration Minister.

mirza897

Apr 4, 2010
Dear Jatin,

First my best wishes to your family and lots of love and warm wishes to you son. I would not call him or other children, disable, they are able; albeit they need to be given the chance to prove that. they might be slow, but they are not behind.

I have also applied for the Canadian Immigration back in Feb,2007. We did our medicals and were asked to do further Psycological evaluation for my second daughter who is Down's Syndromic. That report was sent only yesterday. I have also come acorss one posting in the Province Application forum where a family was denied visas because thier daughter had CP. If you have still not applied then you can perhaps wait to see how our results go. Although they are two different cases. if you have applied, then just keep complying with all the formalities and see how it goes; no one can answer with certainty your question.

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If your son's medical condition do not put excessive demand on Canadian healthcare or social system then it is all right.
I am disabled and still got visa.

steve81

Star Member
Nov 17, 2009
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15- 10- 2009
Doc's Request.
21-12-2009
AOR Received.
14-4-2010
IELTS Request
7.5(academic)
File Transfer...
30-12-2009
Med's Request
waitin
Med's Done....
waitin
Interview........
waitin
Passport Req..
waitin
hey dude

you cant put erb's palsy and cerebral palsy in a sme category.
i think u r gud

us2alb

Jul 10, 2010
Hi,

Recently we had a premature baby. He is in hospital from past 1 month and need be there for 2 more months. I am waiting for the medicals request from CIC. I am worrying that my baby will fail medical tests because of the weight, height or prematurity . Does any one have idea?

Thanks.

dakin0580

Sep 19, 2019
hey dude

you cant put erb's palsy and cerebral palsy in a sme category.
i think u r gud
Hi Steve, We have a girl with erb's palsy. She has most hand function except lifting above 90degrees and few other functions, can you please suggest what would be the outcome. How does the department calculate future medical surgeries which we dont know if happen or not..

dakin0580

Sep 19, 2019
Hi,
My 9 years old son is suffering from Erb's Palsy (Left Arm). Execpt few movements he performs his routines well and almost right. Do you think we will be denied visa because of this. Please advice.
Hi, Can I know how did your medicals go..?? We have a erb's palsy child too for PR medicals