+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Direct Oath ceremony without citizenship test

NewBeginner

Jun 25, 2012
Hi, I applied for my citizenship in May 2018, I was asked for my police verification in Sep 2018 and have been waiting for updates ever since when suddenly today I see that I have directly been called for the Oath ceremony, I was expecting a invite for the citizenship test. Is this something common since from what i know a citizenship test is mandatory for everyone. Should I call and clarify?

Citizenship
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 18, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on July 17, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on August 9, 2018.
  4. We sent you correspondence on September 18, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you a notice on March 5, 2019 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on March 29, 2019 at 12:30 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
Hi, I applied for my citizenship in May 2018, I was asked for my police verification in Sep 2018 and have been waiting for updates ever since when suddenly today I see that I have directly been called for the Oath ceremony, I was expecting a invite for the citizenship test. Is this something common since from what i know a citizenship test is mandatory for everyone. Should I call and clarify?

Citizenship
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 18, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on July 17, 2018.
  4. We sent you correspondence on September 18, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you a notice on March 5, 2019 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on March 29, 2019 at 12:30 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
uncommon may be system glitch. You should contact them

Good Luck

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON

Citizenship
Lol ircc is funny may be they just realized they need some more votes to win next election

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015

Citizenship
Did you receive the actual notice yet? You might have received a notice to write the test and (if you pass) take the oath on the same day. That happens regularly.

justwaiting

Oct 25, 2018
Almost definitely a glitch. I have an entry on my ECAS about a correspondence sent on the 24th of October, 2017 which doesn't exist (and I've verified it)

If it is legit, it's incredible you've recieved an oath invitation before me given that my test was in November 2017 lmao. Does your status say decision made?

NewBeginner

Jun 25, 2012
Almost definitely a glitch. I have an entry on my ECAS about a correspondence sent on the 24th of October, 2017 which doesn't exist (and I've verified it)

If it is legit, it's incredible you've recieved an oath invitation before me given that my test was in November 2017 lmao. Does your status say decision made?

Nope my status says In Process, I will be calling CIC today as the wait time yesterday was too much for me to continue being on hold. Planing to call first thing as the offices open.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
I applied for my citizenship in May 2018, I was asked for my police verification in Sep 2018 and have been waiting for updates ever since when suddenly today I see that I have directly been called for the Oath ceremony, I was expecting a invite for the citizenship test. Is this something common since from what i know a citizenship test is mandatory for everyone. Should I call and clarify?
While as some have suggested the MESSAGING may be something of a glitch, @spyfy offered the most likely explanation for what is actually happening:

Did you receive the actual notice yet? You might have received a notice to write the test and (if you pass) take the oath on the same day. That happens regularly.
It might not be a same day oath, but the oath scheduled attendant the test and PI interview, and then the oath to follow the same day, or the next day, or within a very few days. As @spyfy suggested, this is somewhat common.

Sure, it could be a premature or erroneous notice for the oath, but it is quite likely what @spyfy suggests. So it will be prudent to prepare for taking the test soon.

Obviously the scheduled oath is CONTINGENT. Contingent on passing the knowledge test and contingent on IRCC officials not identifying any concerns about your qualifications in the course of the interview.

While the messaging error in my own experience was somewhat different, and my experience was years ago, I received a notice when I was scheduled for my interview, which was to take place one afternoon to be followed by the oath the morning after the next morning. BUT I was also sent a notice and instructions about taking the test, when actually I was test exempt by a big margin. I also received a telephone call from CIC (that was in the year before the name was changed) just before the scheduled interview.

My guess is that the backlog of applications, and processing time lines which are likely attracting more than a little negative attention, are inciting some elevated activity toward getting more applications through the process sooner rather than later, and rushing tends to increase the risk of errors.

But I would take this as rather good news (unfortunately, however, sans guarantee).

reynold21

Star Member
Dec 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2014
Doc's Request.
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
06-12-2013
AOR Received.
01-03-2014
IELTS Request
sent with aplication
Med's Request
22-04-2014
Med's Done....
05-05-2014
Passport Req..
04-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-08-2014 recieved: aug 27, 2014
LANDED..........
mid november =)/ nov 12, 2014

Citizenship
hi, did you call ircc yet? i got the same message in my ecas.. excactly the same as yours, same month, year , day and time.

reynold21

Star Member
Dec 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2014
Doc's Request.
07-05-2014