+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Diploma (Two years) and Bachelor's degree (Four year)

JSSJMD22

Star Member
Jan 30, 2018
Dear Experts,

Need help my WES ECA report says

Canadian Equivalency Summary

So does it mean 2 or more degree as per CRS tool or its just considered as graduation?

Appreciate your reply.

Thanks
RR

Reactions: CanadaDream22

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Pre graduation
If your Diploma is after 10th, then its Bachelors only
If your Diploma is after 12th, then its "two or more"

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Dear Experts,

So does it mean 2 or more degree as per CRS tool or its just considered as graduation?

Appreciate your reply.

Thanks
RR
For the millionth times- there are no such rules that your diploma has to be after bachelors! Neither it means diploma started after 10th is considered part of the bachelor degree. And also you have no choice to claim points as per your wish because system does it automatically. Your education points entirely depends on your level of education mentioned in your eca report. Even if you have done a bachelors degree only attending final year and eca says it is a Canadian equivalent bachelor degree then you will get points for a complete bachelors degree. Similarly if you have started your diploma after tenth and your eca says its a Canadian completed diploma equivalent then you will get points for diploma. Now when you will add both credential in the system, it will award you points for "two or more" degrees. Here I am posting my comments from other threads.

You will receive points for "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees, one must be a program of 3 or more years". Both of your credentials must be from "Recognized Institution". Please check your report.

To understand the whole "two or more degree' equivalency please refer to this post by@Maverick28
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/two-or-more-certificates-degrees-or-diploma-lets-get-it-sorted.560332/#post-6996995

To check your credential's Level of Education, please go to this site-
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/education-assessed/read-report.html

Now for your specific query I am going to demonstrate how enter your credential correctly in EE profile-

For "Come to Canada Tool" please select level of education as "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees, one must be a program of 3 or more years"

Now, I am showing you how to enter details of your credentials in Express Entry Profile. After you enter both credentials and submit the profile, system will count your points automatically and award you points for "two or more degree'.

You will have following questions to answer in your EE profile to add your Diploma-

Name of the credential: name of the diploma
Institute name: should be awarding university name (not the college name, check ECA report)
Start Date: diploma start date
is it your current study? answer NO
End Date: diploma end date(usually last day of exam)
Completed Academic years: calculate duration.
Fulltime/part time: select one
Level of education: 2 years program//bachelors degree or three or more years program. (Which ever applicable to you)
Have you completed Canadian degree during this time? answer NO
have you got ECA? answer YES
which organization: WES
reference number: WES ref no (it ends with 'IMM')
ECA report Date: Eca completion date (check report)
Level of Education as per the ECA: 2 years program

Click Save and Add, it will show at the bottom of the page, you can add your bachelors after.

You will have following questions to answer in your EE profile to add your Bachelors-

Name of the credential: name of the bachelors
Institute name: should be awarding university name (not the college name, check ECA report)
Start Date: degree start date
End Date: degree end date(usually last day of exam)
Completed Academic years: (calculate duration including exempted years)
Level of education: Bachelors OR three or more years program
Level of Education as per the ECA: Bachelors OR three or more years program

Hope it helps. Good Luck!

Abdelilah

Apr 8, 2017
Calgary
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/08/2018
Doc's Request.
07/11/2018
AOR Received.
19/08/2018
LANDED..........
17/02/2019
For the millionth times- there are no such rules that your diploma has to be after bachelors! Neither it means diploma started after 10th is considered part of the bachelor degree. And also you have no choice to claim points as per your wish because system does it automatically. Your education points entirely depends on your level of education mentioned in your eca report. Even if you have done a bachelors degree only attending final year and eca says it is a Canadian equivalent bachelor degree then you will get points for a complete bachelors degree. Similarly if you have started your diploma after tenth and your eca says its a Canadian completed diploma equivalent then you will get points for diploma. Now when you will add both credential in the system, it will award you points for "two or more" degrees. Here I am posting my comments from other threads.

You will receive points for "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees, one must be a program of 3 or more years". Both of your credentials must be from "Recognized Institution". Please check your report.

To understand the whole "two or more degree' equivalency please refer to this post by@Maverick28
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/two-or-more-certificates-degrees-or-diploma-lets-get-it-sorted.560332/#post-6996995

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/education-assessed/read-report.html

Now for your specific query I am going to demonstrate how enter your credential correctly in EE profile-

For "Come to Canada Tool" please select level of education as "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees, one must be a program of 3 or more years"

Now, I am showing you how to enter details of your credentials in Express Entry Profile. After you enter both credentials and submit the profile, system will count your points automatically and award you points for "two or more degree'.

You will have following questions to answer in your EE profile to add your Diploma-

Level of education: 2 years program//bachelors degree or three or more years program. (Which ever applicable to you)

Click Save and Add, it will show at the bottom of the page, you can add your bachelors after.

You will have following questions to answer in your EE profile to add your Bachelors-

Thanks for the clarifications.
Even in CIC website they changed the way they classify the degrees to make it more simple, because lets face it, it was very confusing before the update and this resulted in a lot of questions about the subject till today.

JSSJMD22

Star Member
Jan 30, 2018
Than

Thanks a Ton, for your time and all the information shared.

Regards
RR

sp081990

Aug 18, 2018
Dear Experts,

Appreciate your reply.

Thanks
RR

Hi,

Did you got the points for "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees, one must be a program of 3 or more years".

As my ECA is also similar to your's, I need to know whether I am also eligible for "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees, one must be a program of 3 or more years".

Also, while entering detail in EE profile, did you provided your original years like 3 years of Diploma and 3 years of Bachelors OR you entered as per stated in ECA i.e. Diploma(2 years) and Bachelor's(4 years) .

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Hi,

Did you got the points for "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees, one must be a program of 3 or more years".

As my ECA is also similar to your's, I need to know whether I am also eligible for "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees, one must be a program of 3 or more years".

Also, while entering detail in EE profile, did you provided your original years like 3 years of Diploma and 3 years of Bachelors OR you entered as per stated in ECA i.e. Diploma(2 years) and Bachelor's(4 years) .

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
You enter your data.diploma by diploma with the relative ECA for each. Your score will be automatically calculated avcordingly by the system so just add it and wait a few hours.

sp081990

Aug 18, 2018
You enter your data.diploma by diploma with the relative ECA for each. Your score will be automatically calculated avcordingly by the system so just add it and wait a few hours.

Hi

While filling "determine my eligiblity" form should I select "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees, one must be a program of 3 or more years".

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Hi

While filling "determine my eligiblity" form should I select "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees, one must be a program of 3 or more years".
Regardless of what you choose when you create your profile.you will have to add them one by one. That's what i was saying. The eligiblity tool is just that, to determine it.

sp081990

Aug 18, 2018
Regardless of what you choose when you create your profile.you will have to add them one by one. That's what i was saying. The eligiblity tool is just that, to determine it.

Thank you for your response.

I meant that whether I am eligible to select "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees, one must be a program of 3 or more years". in "determine my eligiblity" form.

My ECA says:

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY : Diploma (two years) and bachelor's degree (four years)

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS

1. Canadian Equivalency: Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years)

2. Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)

Thank you.