+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Diploma to Diploma How to explain in SOP

Princebtw

Jul 4, 2021
Btw, I am a DC alumnus. Your intended program is offered in the Oshawa campus where I studied. I may be biased, but I do recommend DC.
Oh really can you help me for a strong key argument in SOP currently my argument is that biomedical diploma doesn't offer anything useful for designing the system but the Canadian Electronics diploma does . Does it sound valid?

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
Oh really can you help me for a strong key argument in SOP currently my argument is that biomedical diploma doesn't offer anything useful for designing the system but the Canadian Electronics diploma does . Does it sound valid?
IMHO, you may have a hard time with just the vanilla Electronics Engineering Technician program. I think you may have a better chance with the advance diploma Electronics Engineering Technology. The two year diploma program only offers you the very basics of electronics. It’s cool when you’re just a beginner. But if you were a hobbyist before, you may soon find it boring. I mean, circuits are the same everywhere. A 33k resistor in Canada functions the same way as any 33k resistor around the world. The advance diploma, though, offers a notch better than the two year diploma. It’s more on the IoT which is gaining a lot of attention everywhere.

What you need to show is how would that diploma program help you in your career advancement when you go back home (not that IRCC doesn’t know that most international students wants to stay after their studies).

Ruth33630

Dec 20, 2021
Hi , I'm Prince
29 yrs Old
Done 3 yr diploma in Biomedical Engineering now going to do 2 yr program Electronics Engineering Technician in Durham College.

I have very good academic record and Academic IELTS they are
CGPA - 8.04 & IELTS - 7 ( 8.5, 7.5 , 6.5, 6 ) respectively.

Even if my courses sound different there are common courses like Electronics and Computer Programming in both programs.

I am working in india as a service engineer in medical field.

My question is that , how to convince in my SOP that I'm doing another diploma after 7 years. Any suggestions are welcome.
Hello Prince and other forum members,

My name is Ruth I am a recruiter from Adecco Canada. I am currently hiring for Biomedical Engineer - imaging equipment (Xray/CT/Ultrasound). If you are interested feel free to reach out to me at ruth.cheng@adecco.ca

Thanks and regards,

Ruth