+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Diploma or transcript from US university enough?

bafonso

Jan 21, 2017
Visa Office......
Mississauga
I am wondering if I simply need the show the diploma from my PhD studies in US for language proof or do I need to further show some more documents? The instructions say:

A degree, diploma, certificate or official transcripts from a secondary or post-secondary education program showing you studied in English or French, in Canada or abroad.
So I should be good?

callaway73

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
Toronto
I am wondering if I simply need the show the diploma from my PhD studies in US for language proof or do I need to further show some more documents? The instructions say:

So I should be good?
Based on below, I think you're good as long as the diploma itself is in English/French.

Did you or do you attend a secondary or post-secondary program in English or French?
The program can be in or outside Canada.

If you did, send a copy of proof that you completed or are attending a program with your application. Proof can be your:

• diploma
  • transcript
  • certificate
Your proof must be in English or French. If it’s in another language, you must also send a certified English or French translation. The translation should show that the language of instruction of the program was English or French

Reactions: bafonso