+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Diploma or Gradutae Cerificate - towards PR

Musthaqu

Jun 23, 2013
Hi,

Is diploma or Graduate Certificate advisably seen for an International Student to study in Canada.

Can it help in attaining a job, and for the future aspect of Getting a PR.

REgards

zhenyu

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello

Personally, I don`t suggest you to study the post graduate certificate, because most of these programs are one year or even shorter, which means you could only get a PGWP no more than one year. The current CEC policy need you have at least one year working experience to apply a PR, So it is better to take a program longer than 2 years.( under current policy, you could apply a 3 years PGWP if you graduated from a program longer than 2 years)

By the way, Canada will start to use EOI system after 2015, which means the CEC policy may not exist anymore, so maybe you can wait until the details of EOI be published.

forgive my poor english grammer :)

zhen

Musthaqu

Jun 23, 2013
Hi,

Your English is way better than mine, :)

i am Planning to go for a Two year course in Sept 2015. I am inquiring about the application, procedure and all...

SO if i will complete two years course will i be able to get 3 years PGWP.

REgards

zhenyu

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Musthaqu said:
Hi,

Your English is way better than mine, :)

i am Planning to go for a Two year course in Sept 2015. I am inquiring about the application, procedure and all...

SO if i will complete two years course will i be able to get 3 years PGWP.

REgards

hi

by the way, could you tell me where are you come from? i come from china, and in my country, only degree study experiences are admitted by companies and the education department of government( like if you got a PG diploma in Canada, it will become useless in china)

zhen

harry321

Dec 25, 2012
chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
izit possible that if we take one year pgd course and after that course we adopt another course of one year duration.. and total will be 2 years...
and can we get 3 yrs pgwp after this... i heard it is possible.. what u say?

Musthaqu

Jun 23, 2013
Hi,

I am planning to do Business Administration course duration 2 years.

The confusion i have is whether is this course diploma or certificate. I know usually its one year course its certificate and two years diploma, but still i need to clear the confusion.

Can any one please clear it.

rahul247rocks

Star Member
Feb 8, 2014
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Done....
6-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2014
Hey guys thanks for starting this thread..just a quick question.. is it possible to do a pg certificate say in Interactive multimedia (related to my previous education in India) followed by another PG certificate in Marketing Management. What are the chances of student visa extension? And I will be doing this to get 3 years PGWP.

Thanks,
Rahul

shahid19091982

Jul 3, 2013
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi zhenyu ,

What is the meaning of "Canada will start to use EOI system after 2015, which means the CEC policy may not exist anymore, so maybe you can wait until the details of EOI be published"

What is EOI system all about.

zhenyu

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shahid19091982 said:
Hi zhenyu ,

What is the meaning of "Canada will start to use EOI system after 2015, which means the CEC policy may not exist anymore, so maybe you can wait until the details of EOI be published"

What is EOI system all about.
HI THERE

HERE IS THE LINK: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/backgrounders/2013/2013-10-28b.asp