+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Diploma in IFRS-ACCA

Saman5689

Sep 16, 2018
Hi
I have an ACCA membership ( no OBU degree though). If i get a Diploma in International Financial Reporting also offered by ACCA, would that come under the "Double qualification" or Two or more "certificates, degrees, diplomas" in the Comprehensive Ranking Score Calculator?
Enclosing the link for the Diploma in IFRS for clarity:

https://www.accaglobal.com/lk/en/qualifications/glance.html.

Would really appreciate a timely response! As i want to apply before my next birthday!

Saman

Reactions: mawaismushtaq

mawaismushtaq

Apr 17, 2016
Hi
I have an ACCA membership ( no OBU degree though). If i get a Diploma in International Financial Reporting also offered by ACCA, would that come under the "Double qualification" or Two or more "certificates, degrees, diplomas" in the Comprehensive Ranking Score Calculator?

Would really appreciate a timely response! As i want to apply before my next birthday!

Saman
Hi Saman,

I am also ACCA and have same question in mind. I strongly believe that we can choose the two or more certificates option once we have the diploma as it strongly makes sense, doesn't it!?

Also, write to ACCA to get some guidance on this and I'm sure they will be able to help and advise where it stands.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
To get the two or more degrees level, you have to ensure your second qualification, in this case the diploma, has to be equivalent to a 1 year full time diploma course.

If the IFRS diploma is then you'll be eligible for the additional points, as you'll already get equivalent to 4 year bachelor degree for the ACCA.

Bbraza

Feb 16, 2020
i recently got an offer letter from toronto skl of management for ACCA preparatory course. ACCA being a international certificate can be done from any where in the world. my question is should i apply for visa or not? because someone told be that VO will reject your visa as this is not a good choice, as it can be done from my own country

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
I would not recommend applying for a visa with this.

It's very strange, why would you study in Canada for the ACCA? That's not even the accounting body that governs Canada which is the CPA.

I think it is and would look very strange to apply for that.

Nov 10, 2020
Hi

Saman
Hey Saman, did you get a concrete response from WES regarding this? I'm also dealing with the same issue and my evaluation was just cancelled by WES. Curious if you were able to get yours evaluated. Thanks,

Say94

Jan 13, 2021
Hi

Saman
Even I have this doubt . Could any one clear us on this ?
I have a Bcom Degree - Which is equivalent to 4 yr Canadian Degree
and I'm planning to get the diploma in International Financial Reporting. ( Applying for an exemption )

If the diploma is considered as 1 yr Diploma then i would be able to apply for Express Entry as Two or More Certificates Degrees and Diploma.

PLEASE HELP