+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Diploma after MBA from Pakistan right option??

student2014

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
Hello guys,
I have done MBA in Finance from University of Karachi, Pakistan. Prior to my MBA I have done B.COMM (2 years). My total years of education are 16 years including my MBA and B.com.

My 16 years of education from Pakistan are equal to a 4 year Canadian Bachelor degree.

Is it OK if I apply for the Advance or a Post graduate diploma in my related field in Centennial or Seneca college Toronto for my further studies?
Will I get the Visa easily?
What are the best option for me after my MBA from Pakistan?

Thanks.

stmani

Sep 18, 2011
student2014 said:
Hello guys,
I have done MBA in Finance from University of Karachi, Pakistan. Prior to my MBA I have done B.COMM (2 years). My total years of education are 16 years including my MBA and B.com.

My 16 years of education from Pakistan are equal to a 4 year Canadian Bachelor degree.

Is it OK if I apply for the Advance or a Post graduate diploma in my related field in Centennial or Seneca college Toronto for my further studies?
Will I get the Visa easily?
What are the best option for me after my MBA from Pakistan?

Thanks.
better to go for another mba in different specialization i.e. management or marketing etc.

student2014

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
ok. If I apply in any community colleges in Toronto for eg, Seneca or centennial so would there be any visa issues? or it is necessary to apply in the universities.

Harry_89

Jul 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Doc's Request.
01-05-2015
File Transfer...
04-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Dear Student,

As long as you have a clear vision of your next logical academic step, doing diploma or masters does not matter. You must however be absolutely clear in your head why you want to join a particular university or college. I don't thin k for visa there is any preference except if it is a DLI.

If you ask for my personal opinion PG Diploma from a reputable business school is a good option.
But you might want to ask yourself why and how it will benefit you ?

student2014

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
What is the international equal valency to do a PG diploma?

My 16 years of education from pakistan are equal to a 4 year Canadian bachelor degree.

Harry_89

Jul 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Doc's Request.
01-05-2015
File Transfer...
04-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Yeah you qualify in my opinion for pg diploma and masters both.

PG Diploma is actually a step closer towards masters. PG Diploma in business for example can be converter to MBA at a later stage. It is however effective degree to change career and renew your prospects. It is recognized as one year of education.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
Harry_89 said:
Yeah you qualify in my opinion for pg diploma and masters both.

PG Diploma is actually a step closer towards masters. PG Diploma in business for example can be converter to MBA at a later stage. It is however effective degree to change career and renew your prospects. It is recognized as one year of education.
please do explain how one can convert PG diploma into MBA? most university do not accept PG diploma for master yes they do accept Bachelors degree(from home country) so doing PG diploma in between bachelors and masters is not worth it if ur aim is doing MBA/masters. As for visa PG diploma is not a logical progression of ur education after MBA and is not recommended. also masters is better for express entry PR than PG diploma

Harry_89

Jul 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Doc's Request.
01-05-2015
File Transfer...
04-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
MBA/ PG Diploma programs in Canada only recognize only 4 year of post secondary education as pre-requisite, therefore it does not matter if he goes for Pg diploma or MBA. PG Diploma can be used to specialize in a particular field rather honing a broad set of management skills as in MBA.
PG Diploma in business can be used in the future to shorten your path to MBA, you can check york university, secena, rotman, queen's etc for further details. This is needless to say of-course you must not plan PG Diploma as a pathway on doing MBA but it has its own perks.

For express entry I dont have any idea

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
Harry_89 said:
MBA/ PG Diploma programs in Canada only recognize only 4 year of post secondary education as pre-requisite, therefore it does not matter if he goes for Pg diploma or MBA. PG Diploma can be used to specialize in a particular field rather honing a broad set of management skills as in MBA.
exactly it doesnt matter so if the AIM is later do MBA then why go for PG diploma in between which wont help in PR or wont get u a better paid job.

Harry_89

Jul 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Doc's Request.
01-05-2015
File Transfer...
04-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
@Mead

I agree with you if you want to pursue MBA why use PG diploma path.

But my point was that if he wants to specialize in a particular field after MBA, PG would be natural choice. MBA's cost is also another factor you might want to consider. As far as job prospects are concerned, most PG Diplomas have Co-op placement.
MBA is a great choice and 2 years business study which might benefit more people of non-business background or academically immature who have done BBA in my opinion. To secure admission in second MBA program is also tough in my opinion.
At a later stage if he wants to progress, he can go for EMBA. But thats all just my opinion, final decision rests with Mr 2014.
However, all factors need to be weighed to make a decision.
Needless to say, every choice you make does not decrease your visa prospects as far as you really know what you are getting into and have career progression in your home country.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
Harry_89 said:
@ Mead

I agree with you if you want to pursue MBA why use PG diploma path.

But my point was that if he wants to specialize in a particular field after MBA, PG would be natural choice. MBA's cost is also another factor you might want to consider. As far as job prospects are concerned, most PG Diplomas have Co-op placement.
MBA is a great choice and 2 years business study which might benefit more people of non-business background or academically immature who have done BBA in my opinion. To secure admission in second MBA program is also tough in my opinion.
At a later stage if he wants to progress, he can go for EMBA. But thats all just my opinion, final decision rests with Mr 2014.
However, all factors need to be weighed to make a decision.
Needless to say, every choice you make does not decrease your visa prospects as far as you really know what you are getting into and have career progression in your home country.
yes i agree with ur thought process that someone with MBA should do a certificate or a specialization. and yes MBA admission and cost is another consideration. I was looking from the stand point of visa and how education is or MBA is in third world countries(no offense meant, I am from such a country too) and how they would compete with MBA's from here.