+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Diploma after B.Tech.

natikgarg

Apr 3, 2013
Is it a nice move for an International student having a B.Tech under his belt choosing a simple two year Diploma ? I feel such students shall return to their home country.

arun_kumar

Mar 29, 2013
natikgarg said:
Is it a nice move for an International student having a B.Tech under his belt choosing a simple two year Diploma ? I feel such students shall return to their home country.
don t underestimate a diploma degree brother.infact those who don t ve any industrial exp or interns are advised to go for diploma since its much more practical oriented than a masters in canada.many students from india go for diploma after their b.e/b.tech since they don t get any exp here.after finishing their diploma and workin for two years(by which time u might get pr) they go for masters paying domestic fees.

Apr 9, 2013
Then please suggest some networking related PG DIPLOMAS in canada and also suggest from which college or university we can do the diploma ....please suggest the college which is reputed considering the fact that one get placed immediately after doing the diploma.

Nadeem_jee

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2010
U.A.E
Visa Office......
ABUDHABI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2010
Doc's Request.
30-04-2010
Nomination.....
00-00-00
AOR Received.
30-04-2010/1st AOR
IELTS Request
01-04-2010
File Transfer...
9-06-2010/25-08-2010 2nd AOR
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
00-00-00
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
arun_kumar said:
don t underestimate a diploma degree brother.infact those who don t ve any industrial exp or interns are advised to go for diploma since its much more practical oriented than a masters in canada.many students from india go for diploma after their b.e/b.tech since they don t get any exp here.after finishing their diploma and workin for two years(by which time u might get pr) they go for masters paying domestic fees.

I am quite satisfied with ur reply.... It really relax me Arun and u are right diplomas always give hands on and practical experience!! universities are Far high fees one can go for masters later if they take PR...

param123

Nov 29, 2012
Kanpur
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would not recommend a b.tech student to go for any kind of diploma program as it will downgrade your education profile and the visa officer will have a strong reason to reject visa.

Its better to go for a post grad certificate program.

arun_kumar

Mar 29, 2013
param123 said:
I would not recommend a b.tech student to go for any kind of diploma program as it will downgrade your education profile and the visa officer will have a strong reason to reject visa.

Its better to go for a post grad certificate program.
its quite true that pursuing diploma after getting a btech/be degree is quite risky in terms of visa.But to be frank and straightforward the reason most of students in india/pak/bangladesh etc go for pg diplomas rather than masters is because they are not at all (eligible/fit/wont get) into a masters program in Canada due to poor academic records (am not pointing at all the undergraduates out there). Infact out of thousands and thousands of students graduating from these countries only 15% are employable/fit to be employed in companies. The reason is quite simple. The course (be/btech) offered here (including india/pak and many such countries) lack standard and mostly involve (85-90%) theoretical studies of engineering topics. Compared to Canada where bachelor students not only get experience through (co-op) they get part time work experience as well and know how to survive in outside world. Thus it becomes highly recommended to at least have some work experience before going for masters in other countries. But those who don't have work experience can go for diplomas which has strong practical orientation rather than masters which is not a cakewalk. I have talked to students who have pursued pg diploma in masters and now own a car after working in company for few years and also student who got admitted into McGill prog and could not withstand the curricular in meng (ece) and had to drop out even though he had 9.1/10 gpa in his be degree.

so friends decide what's right and what's not. Knowledge matters and not the degree. But institution definitely matters. I will recommend if your prog has got co-op/or if you have work experience / or if you skills enough to tackle industry/ or you have hardwork and passion enough then go for masters. Just don't take it as a time pass.Pg diplomas there are not like as in india. It has value (master degree has much better value agreed) and def is a good choice. Wish all you guys best of luck.

Wish me as well.

Btw if I have offend or hurt anyone (unknowingly) am truly sorry :-[

arun_kumar

Mar 29, 2013
Nadeem_jee said:
I am quite satisfied with ur reply.... It really relax me Arun and u are right diplomas always give hands on and practical experience!! universities are Far high fees one can go for masters later if they take PR...
and dude saw your message..best of luck with your course and you are right on track.but is canada a right choice for animation?i heard usa and newzealand as being good in tat field.anyway i checked that course and its good.hope you get visa without any prob.all the best

arun_kumar

Mar 29, 2013
Rupinder_SIngh said:
Then please suggest some networking related PG DIPLOMAS in canada and also suggest from which college or university we can do the diploma ....please suggest the college which is reputed considering the fact that one get placed immediately after doing the diploma.
i would advise you to first look at the course (sub in networking) and whether co-op is available in tat college for diploma in networking.also location is quite an important factor.then decide bott college

Harry29

Apr 11, 2013
My qualification is BTECH in IT. Stream.I am planning to do my higher study in Canada. I want to choose INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS-enterprise development profile. Please tell me that is this program is good for me and my visa success rate in this program.pls help

arun_kumar

Mar 29, 2013
Harry29 said:
My qualification is BTECH in IT. Stream.I am planning to do my higher study in Canada. I want to choose INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS-enterprise development profile. Please tell me that is this program is good for me and my visa success rate in this program.pls help
i can t tell u dude whether program is good or not....totally depends on ur interest in tat prog.and post ur profile first. gpa etc

Harry29

Apr 11, 2013
10th--- 64%(cbse)
+2 non medical--- 62%(cbse)
BTECH (IT)----62%
year 2008-2012
IELTS-6.5
please tell me that is this program is reasonable accoording to my past study.

arun_kumar

Mar 29, 2013
Harry29 said:
10th--- 64%(cbse)
+2 non medical--- 62%(cbse)
BTECH (IT)----62%
year 2008-2012
IELTS-6.5
please tell me that is this program is reasonable accoording to my past study.
i think ur moving from a technical field to a nontechnical field but its relevant so don t worry. with 62% and 6.5 ielts your options are very low for univ. try applying to university of regina,unb,memorial,lakehead.and few colleges as well

arun_kumar

Mar 29, 2013
As for applying to college check cenntinial , constegoa ( I dunno exactly its name but I heard its good), and colleges which have co-op program. and another thing don't waste money on the application fess for any colleges since many consultancies have tie-ups with colleges and they can provide fee-waiver

Nadeem_jee

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2010
U.A.E
Visa Office......
ABUDHABI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2010
Doc's Request.
30-04-2010
Nomination.....
00-00-00
AOR Received.
30-04-2010/1st AOR
IELTS Request
01-04-2010
File Transfer...
9-06-2010/25-08-2010 2nd AOR
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
00-00-00
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
arun_kumar said:
and dude saw your message..best of luck with your course and you are right on track.but is canada a right choice for animation?i heard usa and newzealand as being good in tat field.anyway i checked that course and its good.hope you get visa without any prob.all the best
Thanks Arun.... Animation in USA is expensive bro...and they do not give PGWP i think,.... ya I like the course and its an added skill to my profession.. i am mature guy having lot of experience in print side but not animation and digital..... this diploma will enhance my chances of employement back in country and country where i am staying now!!!!