+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

dilemma -to apply as skilled worker or sponsoree as frugal partner?

nase

Jan 24, 2007
hey there,

Greetings to all. I am a newbie here and it won't be my last for sure. I really hope I am able to find some answers & support here over time as I submit my application for a Canadian PR.

I am a 35 years old, Malaysian Chinese male, medical doctor currently practising in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Recently, I have known this Canadian guy since Sept 2006 & we even met up in Montreal in mid December 2006 for six weeks altogether. We get along just fine and we are now thinking of me relocating to Canada for good. As with any couple, the delay in finally being together for good is a real pain and torture. Time is the essence here.

So my question now is.....which type of application is the swiftest or fastest for both of us to be together?

will it be faster for him, as a Canadian, to sponsor me over as a frugal partner OR will it be better for me to apply on my own from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia as a skilled worker?

I sincerely hope someone can help us out. thank you very much.

nase

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

nase said:
hey there,

Greetings to all. I am a newbie here and it won't be my last for sure. I really hope I am able to find some answers & support here over time as I submit my application for a Canadian PR.

I am a 35 years old, Malaysian Chinese male, medical doctor currently practising in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Recently, I have known this Canadian guy since Sept 2006 & we even met up in Montreal in mid December 2006 for six weeks altogether. We get along just fine and we are now thinking of me relocating to Canada for good. As with any couple, the delay in finally being together for good is a real pain and torture. Time is the essence here.

So my question now is.....which type of application is the swiftest or fastest for both of us to be together?

will it be faster for him, as a Canadian, to sponsor me over as a frugal partner OR will it be better for me to apply on my own from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia as a skilled worker?

I sincerely hope someone can help us out. thank you very much.

nase
1. Have no idea what a frugal partner is.
2. As a skilled worker you are looking at 34-48 months at KL http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/times-int/02a-skilled-fed.html#asia
3. If you are heading to Quebec about 15 months, plus the Quebec processing time.
4. You should note that you will have difficulty in qualifying to practise in Canada. As most foreign trained Drs. have extreme difficulties in obtaining a residency position after passing the qualifying exams, somewhere in the neighbourhood of %6 get a position.
5. The fastest way would be marriage.

PMM

nase

Jan 24, 2007
dear people,

huge embarrassing blunder I made, am so sorry. Was supposed to be conjugal partner instead of frugal partner. my big mistake indeed. anyway, thanks a lot for the advice.

nase

nase

Jan 24, 2007
Re: dilemma -to apply as skilled worker or sponsoree as conjugal partner?

dear PMM,

my partner and me have discussed this matter over and if indeed marriage is the fastest way out for us to be together for good, wouldn't the authorities be suspicious on grounds that the marriage could very well be a scam to get the green card instead and delaying the process altogether if they need to investigate?

what about applying as a conjugal partner then?

thanks again for the input, I appreciate it.

nase

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Re: dilemma -to apply as skilled worker or sponsoree as conjugal partner?

Hi

nase said:
dear PMM,

my partner and me have discussed this matter over and if indeed marriage is the fastest way out for us to be together for good, wouldn't the authorities be suspicious on grounds that the marriage could very well be a scam to get the green card instead and delaying the process altogether if they need to investigate?

what about applying as a conjugal partner then?

thanks again for the input, I appreciate it.

nase
If there are no impediments to marriage, you have pretty much a nil chance of qualify as conjugal. As long as you can document your relationship prior to marriage, then it should not raise any red flags with Immigration.

PMM

nature

Feb 7, 2007
I guess marriage is the best and fastest way to get ur immigration. I heard a case done in 6-8 monthes. Common law may need more info to prove ur relationship. They may also need an join-account or some other info.