+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dilemma ..Spouse Open Work Permit Or TRV ..Please suggest

Asma12

Apr 13, 2016
fkl said:
You should have ordered gcms notes to see the details of prior SOWP refusal reasons.

Yes SOWP is for longer than six months.

By referring to graduate diploma if you are suggesting applying for study permit based upon that, then that is up to you. But obviously you cannot apply for both study permit AND work permit at the same time.

Besides i am not sure if a part time program is considered valid for allowing visa for an international student.

Academically / professionally its always good to have a Canadian certification if you intend to work here. Often that is a requirement in many fields. But then again, your primary issue right now is getting visa to come to Canada. For that you have to apply for one of those. As far as it seems, your husband's current job in NOC A seems stronger grounds of SOWP compared to a stand alone student visa.
Thank you very much! This helped me a lot. so now i will ask him to apply for TRV more than 6 month as it is SOWP.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Asma12 said:
Thank you very much! This helped me a lot. so now i will ask him to apply for TRV more than 6 month as it is SOWP.
You are welcome. You can look at my earlier posts for details. I don't have the energy to type it again and again. TRV with record can still be of more than six months. You just fill TRV forms and say i intend to stay in Canada longer than six months. But you cannot work on this though you would get health care and processing time would be same as SOWP.

SOWP is a separate form which says you are applying for a spouse dependent work permit and is similar to above TRV type i mentioned (NOT visitor TRV). It gets you all benefits of TRV with record plus allows you to work in Canada.

Asma12

Apr 13, 2016
fkl said:
You are welcome. You can look at my earlier posts for details. I don't have the energy to type it again and again. TRV with record can still be of more than six months. You just fill TRV forms and say i intend to stay in Canada longer than six months. But you cannot work on this though you would get health care and processing time would be same as SOWP.

SOWP is a separate form which says you are applying for a spouse dependent work permit and is similar to above TRV type i mentioned (NOT visitor TRV). It gets you all benefits of TRV with record plus allows you to work in Canada.
Thank you very much FLK :)

nivs

Sep 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2017
Med's Done....
24-02-2017 (Upfront NON-EDE IME)
fkl said:

@fkl, Appreciate your sharing of information that be of help. I need some thoughts from you before trying to reapply. We applied online, I as main applicant of Student permit + Partner OWP + Kid TRV. Unfortunately our application was rejected. I admit one of the refusal is funds and will have to address it. But I wonder why it is selected "current employment situation" for my wife if OWP does not required job offer or job specific from employer. Below statements for refusal. Should we try reapply as OWP for my wife or change it as TRV same with my kid to just stay with me during my study period though it will be a privilege if approve for OWP. Thank you for the answers.

(Mine) Pursuant to Section 219 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulation, I am not satisfied that
you:

have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the tuition fees
for the course or program of studies that you intend to pursue
have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to maintain yourself
and any family members who are accompanying you during your proposed period of study
have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the costs of
transporting yourself and any family members who are accompanying you to and from Canada.

You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay. In reaching this
decision, I considered several factors, including:
travel history
family ties in Canada and in country of residence
purpose of visit
personal assets and financial status.

(Partner) You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for your stay.
In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including:
travel history
family ties in Canada and in country of residence
purpose of visit
current employment situation
personal assets and financial status