+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dilema

Apr 9, 2019
I guess you don't get the point!
I have all the qualifications required,but the problem is that in Albania,which is the country where Im immigrating from,the revenues are too low and it is difficult for a person to afford the 20.000 $CAD .If the revenues were higher maybe we wouldn't consider the immigration at all.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I guess you don't get the point!

I have all the qualifications required,but the problem is that in Albania,which is the country where Im immigrating from,the revenues are too low and it is difficult for a person to afford the 20.000 $CADIf the revenues were higher maybe we wouldn't consider the immigration at all.
I do understand. I also understand the cost of living in Canada and the services available. Last thing you want to do is end up in a homeless shelter. You may be anticipating more support from the Canadian governemnt if you deplete your savings. Many people on welfare have to go to food banks. I suggested 10k in your situation.

Reactions: Bryanna

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
It's not about welfare ,it's about a social support which as far as I know the Quebec province provides during the period of adopting with the country .I mean...If an economic immigrant had 20.000 $ CAD in his bank account,why should he immigrate?
I had much more and I still came to Canada..but not for economic reasons, it was more about lifestyle.
But I agree 10000%, 6 grand is nowhere near enough.

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
I had much more and I still came to Canada..but not for economic reasons, it was more about lifestyle.
But I agree 10000%, 6 grand is nowhere near enough.
I had school mates who are international students who I became close to that are "crazy" rich but are choosing to immigrate to Canada. They say it is because of the culture like women who do not have rights equal to men, people who are expected to tolerate sexual harassment to climb the ladder at work, etc., I get what you mean by lifestyle.

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
I had school mates who are international students who I became close to that are "crazy" rich but are choosing to immigrate to Canada. They say it is because of the culture like women who do not have rights equal to men, people who are expected to tolerate sexual harassment to climb the ladder at work, etc., I get what you mean by lifestyle.
Hmmm...my lifestyle change is more about less work, enjoying nature and generally have a good life / work balance. Having time for my wife and go for a nice dinner once or twice a week.

immihelper

Star Member
Feb 21, 2019
Obviously my post was misunderstood. I used a generic figure and in no way meant that the applicant should come to Canada with $6000. The simple point is this: if showing $22,000 for a family is out of reach, an option would be to apply under the AIPP program (or other similar programs) that won't require POF based on the LICO. That's the simple point I am making.

Reactions: foodie69

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Obviously my post was misunderstood. I used a generic figure and in no way meant that the applicant should come to Canada with $6000. The simple point is this: if showing $22,000 for a family is out of reach, an option would be to apply under the AIPP program (or other similar programs) that won't require POF based on the LICO. That's the simple point I am making.
Think everyone understood your post. The whole point is that if you are trying to avoid POF you have tonbe careful. The POF is there for a reason. Cost of living in Canada is expensive so you need to be prepared with savings when relocating to Canada especially if you don't have friends or family that will allow you to stay with them for many months.