+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Digital Police Clearance

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Does CIC accept digital Police Police Certificates from countries that issue them (like Australia and Switzerland)? EE only accepts uploaded certificates so this seems valid, but can someone confirm this. I can't find any information online on this.

Also, do we need to get fingerprints verified as well or is this optional?

TIA

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hot2Cold said:
Does CIC accept digital Police Police Certificates from countries that issue them (like Australia and Switzerland)? EE only accepts uploaded certificates so this seems valid, but can someone confirm this. I can't find any information online on this.

TIA
1. Start your search here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
PMM said:
Hi

1. Start your search here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp
Thanks. That's is exactly where I started. But there is no information there whether they will accept digital or paper certificates. It just mentions that you have to upload the certificate. Please read the question again.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hot2Cold said:
Thanks. That's is exactly where I started. But there is no information there whether they will accept digital or paper certificates. It just mentions that you have to upload the certificate. Please read the question again.
1. If you apply to a country that only issues digital certificates, then CIC will accept the digital certificate. If they issue both, then CIC will want the paper certificate.

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
PMM said:
Hi

1. If you apply to a country that only issues digital certificates, then CIC will accept the digital certificate. If they issue both, then CIC will want the paper certificate.
Thanks PMM. I have applied for paper certificates. I read somewhere that there is only 1 file that can be uploaded, so it makes sense to order paper certificates and scan them all as one file.

mhammoud

Star Member
Nov 22, 2015
Oakville, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Hot2Cold said:

TIA
Dubai issues both digital and paper certificates. My friend had his application accepted and he submitted the digital one. This was advised by the agency he hired. I think it depends on the country and if they can track the certificate online.

Reactions: allyne