+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Digital Photo

Bennet

Apr 18, 2019
Hey guys,

I am applying for a working holiday visa. now i have to add my documents and i have a (maybe) stupid question regarding the digital photo i need to provide.
i went to a professional photographer who made photos according to the requirements and got a digital version of that. now i wanted to upload that and its now way bigger than the 35mm to 45mm and with 1,9mb way more bigger than the recommended 250kb. is it still ok to upload when the proportion of frame is the same but just bigger? i am confused...
thanks for any answer

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
The 35mm thing is for physical photos doesnt really apply to a digital picture, as to size as long as the website accepts your upload it should be fine, if a file is roo big it would reject it.

Mimi26

Apr 12, 2019
Philippines
I had the same problem because my passport sized picture was small.. but i still submitted it. My student visa application is still processing and i do not know if it affects my application

Birikisu

Apr 15, 2019
I had the same problem because my passport sized picture was small.. but i still submitted it. My student visa application is still processing and i do not know if it affects my application
Pls Can you guide me on how to do online application please where do they submit academic documents for student visa

Mimi26

Apr 12, 2019
Philippines
Pls Can you guide me on how to do online application please where do they submit academic documents for student visa
Did you create a GCkey on the CIC website already?? because this is the first step if you apply online.. you need to create one, after that there are series of question that you need to answer first because this will determine the documents that you need to provide.. After you have answered all the questions there will be a list of documents that you need to provide and you can just upload your documents on the corresponding rows with a maximum 4mb on the size of each document..
As for me the only academic document that I have submitted was the letter of acceptance to the college where I will study I did not submit my Transcripts because it was not asked

Birikisu

Apr 15, 2019
I've done all that but I thought there should be a place to submit certificate, transcript and even police clearance and other supporting documents, pls anyone with copy of sop I was previously refused visa
Thank you for your interest in visiting Canada. After careful review of your student permit visa application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the limited employment prospects in your country of residence.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

Pursuant to paragraph 220(a) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the tuition fees for the course or program of studies that you intend to pursue.

Mimi26

Apr 12, 2019
Philippines
I've done all that but I thought there should be a place to submit certificate, transcript and even police clearance and other supporting documents, pls anyone with copy of sop I was previously refused visa
Thank you for your interest in visiting Canada. After careful review of your student permit visa application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the limited employment prospects in your country of residence.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

Pursuant to paragraph 220(a) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the tuition fees for the course or program of studies that you intend to pursue.
Oh i'm sorry i do not know what to do either.. now I'm worried because I haven't submitted my transcript and police clearance.. mind if I ask what is SOP??