+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Digital photo

Kellakella

Aug 14, 2015
I got the digital version of the photo taken, but can I just upload that JPEG file directly?

I also have the physical copy where the back states the date that the photo is taken and where.
Should I include this as well?
I notice this was required when you have to send in the physical copy, but now how is that possible when we are just uploading the file?

Kellakella

Aug 14, 2015
dan_and said:
Uploading the JPEG is fine as long as it meets the requirements (click on the "i" in the checklist).

You needn't (and can't) upload the back side of the photo.
I was getting confused because it was listing the physical photo requirements like 35mm x 45 mm and obviously the digital copy is much larger.
Does the digital copy need to be exactly 420 x 540?
The file is less than 240 kb and more than 60kb for sure.

riddymon

Jun 26, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kellakella said:
I was getting confused because it was listing the physical photo requirements like 35mm x 45 mm and obviously the digital copy is much larger.
Does the digital copy need to be exactly 420 x 540?
The file is less than 240 kb and more than 60kb for sure.
No....I believe the specifications say "at least 420 x 540". Physical dimensions of the photo are just that..physical as in "the size of the actual photo handed to you". Once it's scanned, that no longer applies. as long as it meets the dimensions, dpi and file requirements you should be good. I had the same question when I uploaded my photo which was basically a giant white image with my tiny photo in the corner when scanned.

Banff2015

Jul 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does anyone have the exact specifications for the pic? I want to get it took today.

Banff2015

Jul 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cheers, and this is asked for as a document after you receive ITa?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Banff2015 said:
Cheers, and this is asked for as a document after you receive ITa?
Yes. Refer to that pdf only for specs. The remaining instructions apply to PR cards and not EE.

Banff2015

Jul 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh darn, I wanted to get my pic taken now. As I will get an ITA next round it draws. Does anyone have a list of the specs that's needed if the link shared is just for card? Thanks

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Like I said earlier, refer that pdf for specs. Specs remain unchanged for both EE and PR cards. EE would require just the digital image to be uploaded while PR card requires physical copies to be sent across.

Banff2015

Jul 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks so much so if I get it taken as to the specs with a physical copy and then a usb copy this should be enough?:)
Thanks

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The photo studio will take a digital image and then print out copies. Ask them for the digital image file and upload it when the time comes.

Eksler

Star Member
Jun 11, 2015
Were there any cases of rejection due to slightly inappropriate dimensions/size/quality? Is it really important for CIC?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CIC explicitly mentions that applicants cannot be rejected on this parameter. At best, CIC can ask you to get another photograph if the uploaded image doesn't meet their specifications.

Reactions: rajatkhare

Eksler

Star Member
Jun 11, 2015
Great. Where do they mention that? Could you please provide the link. It seems that that the photo has fallen 1%-2% below the required dimensions.

pdoc

Star Member
May 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I used the following free website to get my photo to the correct specs for the PR application.

http://www.idphoto4you.com/

Allows you to set parameters such as DPI and has a helpful cropping tool,

It worked for me when I applied for a TRV which was granted.