+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Digital Photo specifications

mdwael

Sep 30, 2018
Hi all, I just learned after submitting my eAPR that the digital photo needs to be at least 60KB in size. Well, I just checked and mine is just 34KB. Apart from that, however, every other specification is correct and the image itself is crisp and clear. Should I be worried? I have no idea why the system accepted it if 60KB was the minimum size.

annavan

Jun 9, 2019
Hi all, I just learned after submitting my eAPR that the digital photo needs to be at least 60KB in size. Well, I just checked and mine is just 34KB. Apart from that, however, every other specification is correct and the image itself is crisp and clear. Should I be worried? I have no idea why the system accepted it if 60KB was the minimum size.
Hi mdwael,
I'm in the same boat as I've uploaded my photo which is 18 KB only, so please let me know what happened with your case?

lonewolf19

Apr 24, 2019
From my experience so far, it shouldn't be a problem, they'll reach out to you in-case they find some thing out of place. Need not worry!

annavan

Jun 9, 2019
From my experience so far, it shouldn't be a problem, they'll reach out to you in-case they find some thing out of place. Need not worry!
Thank you @lonewolf19 ..:if you don’t mind me asking.. you mentioned experience, so could you tell what was the issue you faced and what has happened to it please ?

annavan

Jun 9, 2019
Can you please let me know after how many weeks/months IRCC approached you and did they ask you to re-upload the photos?

lonewolf19

Apr 24, 2019
Not me, but my colleague received the request about 2 weeks he submitted the documents back around in Oct 2018. That being said, it also depends on volume of applications they receive. However, they will reach out to you in-case of any issues

lonewolf19

Apr 24, 2019
Thank you @lonewolf19 ..:if you don’t mind me asking.. you mentioned experience, so could you tell what was the issue you faced and what has happened to it please ?
I had few errors in the application and they had reached out to soon after I submitted the application with request to upload corrected documents. Hope this helps.